Hoover Wind Tunnel Vacuum Worked Great Until My Husband "Fixed It"!

Jul 3, 2009 (Updated Jul 4, 2009)

Pros:Powerful, Headlight, HEPA Filter, Pivoting Hose

Cons:Allergic to dust be ware!  Airborne dust when dumping the dirt cup.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this to anyone looking for a powerful, bagless vacuum.  It is the best I've ever had!

I got the Hoover Wind Tunnel canister vacuum between 5 and 6 years ago.  It worked great until my husband tried to fix it!  Of course, maybe I should have looked under the sofa before I sucked up a baby sock....but don't tell him I said that!

Now we use the Hoover Wind Tunnel Vacuum as a shopvac and it works great for that too!  It even picks up small screws and bolts!  The only thing we can't do is use the power brush because we broke it.

My experience before I broke it:
The vacuum was purchased from Fortunoff for $350 approximately 5.5 years ago and worked perfectly for about 4.5 years with no fault to the manufacturer and is still being used.

The vacuum is strong enough to handle my heavy pile carpeting and delicate enough to clean my expensive wool rugs using the suction control.  I turned the power off on the head when vacuuming my wool rugs to avoid burning the motor or damaging my rug.

This vacuum also works well on wood floors at sucking up dirt and dust.  Simply adjust the vacuum setting to hardwood for cleaning.

I also used the tools on my upholstry and drapes.  The tools are easily attached and work well with the telescoping chrome wand.

What I love about this cannister vacuum:
This vacuum is completely bagless which is great for the environment and saves money.

The power brush on this vacuum is amazingly powerful and it even has a large head light for vacuuming under dark spaces such the sofa or under the bed.

The hose pivots which is a really good thing, you never get tangeled and lose suction.

Suction is great, you wont believe how much dirt you get in the cup after each use!

What I hate about this vacuum:
Changing the dust cup is very easy but the dust becomes airborne when you dump it and that kind of spoils things for me.  After all, what was the point of putting a HEPA filter on this thing if everything is going to fly into the air anyway?

The vacuum is louder than my current Bosch.  I can't hear the phone ring or the door bell when this is running.

Made in:  Korea (Vacuum), China (Cord)
Hoover vacuums are no longer made in the USA

What I paid:  In the neighborhood of $350

Purchased from:  Fortunoff (has since closed)

HEPA filter:  Yes, Washable

Retractable Cord:  Yes, 25 feet

Hose Length:  24 Inches

Color:  Gray and Black combination

AMPS:  12

Motor Volts:  120

Attachments (as listed by manufacturer):  6' hose, telescopic chrome wands, crevice tool, dusting brush, furniture nozzle, powered hand tool, deluxe floor brush and a filter cleaning brush