Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

ratings (261 Epinions reviews)

Great for cleaning boats

Sep 22, 2009 (Updated Sep 22, 2009)

Pros:Just water and the eraser, junk that gets embedded in the seats comes off easily.

Cons:The eraser falls apart every time very quickly, even when not scrubbing hard.

The Bottom Line: Try it and see how easy it is to clean areas that were impossible to get clean.  If you have a boat, you must try it on the vinyl seats!

I have used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for several different things but cleaning the vinyl boat upolstery is my favorite chore for this product. For environmental reasons, you never want to use chemicals when cleaning the boat while it is in the water, so the magic eraser is a great choice. It is so easy to use and even though it falls apart right away, I still recommend it because I have not found a product that will clean the vinyl seats better.  It generally takes about 1 1/2 to 2 magic erasers to clean all of the seats and console, but at the price, I think it is worth it.  By the way, it does a great job on the other boat surfaces too.  Doesn't seem to dull any of the fiberglass finishes so with one product, I can clean everything.  I do use a damp rag or shammie (?) to wipe up after scrubbing with the sponge to get all the water up. I usually buy a box of 4 and even when I don't use all 4 right away, they seem to have a long shelf life.  I have had a box sitting around at the lake for 1 year and no problem.  The magic eraser is also great for cleaning fingerprints on walls, especially around the light switch, but you probably already know that!