Safety Issue with plastic buckle breaking

Nov 5, 2009
Rated Show

I have a Jeep stroller made by Kolcraft and have been pretty happy with it until recently when the plastic buckle between the childs legs shattered from normal and very limited use. I contacted customer service at Kolcraft and explained the problem with them and they told me it would cost $25 to replace the cheap plastic buckle since they sewed it to the seat of the stroller. Customer service was not willing to stand behind their product and replace the buckly/seat at their expense even with it being a safety issue. In my opinion this is terrible customer service and the problem is due to the company using cheap materials and having a crummy design. I opted NOT to buy the replacement seat at $25 and chose to buy a new stroller from a competitor of Kolcraft. I am tired of companies making poorly designed products with cheap materials, especially when my children's safety is at stake. If I were you, I would stay away from Kolcraft products until they get their priorities in order (a child's safety should come before the all mighty dollar). I hope this review helps you make a decision.