Vigorfit Home Gym or Bayou Total Trainer DLX?

by
Nov 30, 2006

Popular Products in Sport and Outdoor
The Bottom Line These machines are so similar it may just boil down to money or your weight.

I compared the Vigorfit Home Gym to the Total Gym 1700.

I have been asked to compare the Vigorfit to the
Bayou Fitness Total Trainer DLX so a consumer can make an informed decision. Let’s take a look at their similarities and differences.

1. Vigorfit costs about $375 and is made by Fitness Bargains, Inc.

Bayou TT costs a bit less at about $300 and is made by Bayou Fitness.

2. Vigorfit offers one model. Bayou offers many.

I saw this as a pro for Vigorfit because they make it easier for the consumer to choose.

3. Vigorfit makes a point to say that you will buy this one model with all the upgrades. Bayou is upgradeable. This would be your choose. Vigorfit has all the attachments you could want in my opinion. The DLX does as well but you can spend more on options.

4. Neither uses any kind of computer that can that break down. That’s a strength these types of trainers have.

5. They both claim to combine strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, and flexibility. They both claim to add Pilates to their exercise menu however Bayou makes a Pilates piece of equipment in addition to the DLX.

Vigorfit also comes with a Pilates bar.

6. They both use a glide board – this is what you will lie down on, face, or sit on. This is the piece that gets moved with your body weight.

7. Both give you the option of adding weights (plates) to a bar on the machines.

8. You will get a lifetime warranty on the Vigorfit. Bayou will give you a one-year warranty on both the frame and the parts and a lifetime warranty on the rollers, ropes and pulleys.

9. Vigorfit measures about 27 inches wide by 84 inches long by 44 inches high.

The DLX measures about 20 inches by 86 inches by 44 inches.

10. Vigorfit weighs 76 pounds. Bayou weighs 90 pounds.

11. Both allow the user to be up to 6 feet 2 inches tall. Bayou's Advanced DLX goes to 6 feet 7 inches.

12. Vigorfit allows the user to be 350 pounds plus 100 pounds of weights. Bayou DLX can handle a person weighing up to 385 pounds plus 100 pounds of weight.

13. Vigorfit’s glide board is 1 inches thick. Bayou’s is 2 inches thick.

14. Vigorfit has 11 levels of resistance; Bayou has 10.

15. They both have weight bars. Weights are not included but two weight clips are included. These ensure that the weights don’t fall off. The weights are sold separately on both machines.

16. Vigorfit has an exercise manual that can be attached. Bayou has done something different. They have cards which are used as an aid especially if you are new to working out.

17. Vigorfit has resistance bands at the base of the machine. I could use none or I could use all five to increase my resistance. This will give you up to 188 pounds of static resistance.

18. Both machines feel sturdy, steady and well made.

19. They both fold.

I wish I could just tell you which one to buy. This has to be your decision. I will go out on a limb though and tell you that there was something I liked about the Vigorfit that would make me lean towards buying it. However the machines are so similar that perhaps it will boil down to money. You can save money with the Bayou DLX. If money is the issue or you weigh 375 pounds then the decision is an easy one.

Good luck. I hope the consumers have found this helpful and I look forward to reading your reviews!

Member: Jo
Location: on a bluff overlooking the ocean
Reviews written: 1929
About Me: Never gave out MHs and will not be rating Expert. Come visit my store www.destinee.kitsylane.com