A poor version of the real thing

Nov 22, 2009

Pros:reasonable cost
good size for small family
good size storage in fridge door bins

Cons:ice maker broke
drawers crack easily and expensive to replace
bottom freezer does not stay on

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a small version of the side by side fridge pay a little more money for a better one.

I loved the idea of having a side by side fridge with the ice and water dispenser. Seeing it is just my daughter and I in the household, I loved this smaller version of a side by side fridge. The price was right so I got it. It took a long time before it was delivered. Fortunately, the store where I purchased it from provided a loaner until this one arrived. After only a few days, the ice maker stopped working. It took the repair man twice to figure out the problem but he put in a new motor,a better one. He said the original was of a poor quality. It works now but occasionally the freezer door pops open while using the ice dispenser. Also, it has not even been a year since I purchased it and my daughter shut the refrigerator while the bottom drawer was open and it cracked. I grew up in a house with destructive brothers and I don't remember this ever happening. She didn't shut it that hard, but it was enough tocrack the drawer. The warranty only covers the drawer for 30 days. A new drawer costs over $100 to replace. Keep in mind I only paid $800 for the whole thing. The drawer costs more than 10% of the total cost of the fridge. Needless to say I taped it up until I find a better deal on the drawer. I also do not like the bottom shelf of the freezer. It keeps snapping off and things fall behind the drawer and I have to take the whole thing out.  I would have preferred a 3rd drawer in the fridge for meats and cheeses.