The best fighting movies !!!
Jan 22, 2007
The Bottom Line If you want to see a good movie with great fights one of the above will certainly do.
What do you look for when you are choosing a fight film? Lots of men fighting, blood, brutal force and no 60kg women beating 150kg giants. I also like it when the fighting seems believable it doesn't have to be possible, just believable when you watch the guy at work.
I'll give you the 10 movies I liked most, in no specific order.
1. BLOODSPORT: JC Van Damme kicks butt in the kumite, based on a the true story of frank dux.
2. LEGEND OF THE PITFIGHTER: he lets his opponents win a bit so they wouldn't lose face and than finishes them off.
3. FOOTBALL FACTORY: english football "fans" going at it en mass, what's not to like?
4. ROCKY: balboa starts off as a nobody and by the end he goes at it with the champ.
5. ABOVE THE LAW: Steven Seagal movie. He was a covert agent trained in Vietnam. He has a master 6th degree black belt in Aikido... and family in the Mafia. He's a cop with an attitude. (remember the I'm going to take a leak scene)
6. EQUILIBRIUM: Set in a future fascist world one guy gets turned by the resistance and fights Gun-Fu style against the police to overturn the regime.(read: neo-style)
7. BRAVEHEART: The guy is a patriot, doesn't like authority figures (kings, nobles) and with his "gang" charges on the English with axes !!!
8. THE WARRIORS: After a meeting with all the gangs in L.A. (?) a gang (the warriors) are believed to have killed the boss of the biggest gang and now all gangs are out to get them while they try to make it to their neighbourhood.
(rip-off movie AUSSIE PARK BOYZ is worth it to)
9. FIGHT CLUB: two crazy guys start fighting each other for fun and it doesn't take long before others start in, realistic bloody amateur fights !
10. CRANK: Jason Statham's character gets injected with some chinese poison and only has a couple of hours to life, so he unleashes armageddon for the guys responsible, an adrenaline rush movie.