25 Things I've Learned About Love...Jan 30, 2007 (Updated Feb 1, 2007) Write an essay on this topic.
Popular Products in BooksThe Bottom Line This was literally copied from the pages of my diary. Don't you feel lucky? ;)
RAYMOND ARROYO - Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles
I would never call myself an expert on relationships or love. First of all, I'm only nineteen years old, which means I've only been dating for about four years. I've only been in one serious relationship, and while I've had three other dating relationships in addition to that, I can't say that any of them were entirely successful. I've never fallen in love; in fact, I've never even tripped.
However, for some reason, my friends always turn to me for relationship advice. Maybe I'm good at giving advice, or maybe I'm just good at making stuff up, but either way my friends usually rely on me to tell them when they should keep trying in a relationship, start over again, or just give up.
I was reflecting on my own romantic experiences tonight and I ended up writing this list down. All of the things on my list come from my own my personal experiences (save a few that were edited for length and because of my own embarrassment), and all the songs are ones that helped me enjoy/endure that particular time.
I definitely don't recommend anyone to follow these guidelines (after all, I'm still single), though you might enjoy laughing/sympathizing/raising an eyebrow with some of the things I've learned (and right in time for V-day, no less!).
25 Things I've Learned About Love:
"The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time..."
1) Unrequited love really sucks.
"I remember the days when I was so eager to satisfy you, and be less than I was just to prove I could walk beside you..."
2) Never compromise yourself for someone else.
"You know I like you so you just tease me.../Are you just wasting my time?"
3) Also, don't bother liking someone who isn't the least bit interested in you.
"I can't make you love me if you don't. And I can't make your heart feel something it won't..."
4) Again, don't chase after someone who is clearly not interested.
"She's everything I want, she's everything I need.../But I mean nothing to her and I don't know why..."
5) Even though someone is amazing, they might not be the person for you.
"I'm mixed up, so what. Yeah, you want me, so you're messed up too..."
6) Opposites attract. But they don't always compliment one another.
"She's goin'to turn me down and say, 'Can't we be Friends?'"
7) Some people aren't meant to be more than your friend.
"But sometimes, well, I wish we could be more than friends..."
8) And sometimes a friend can turn into a lover.
"I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep, cause I'd miss you baby, and I don't want to miss a thing..."
9) And sometimes love seems to work out so simply...
"There's a place for us. Somewhere a place for us..."
10) And though people or circumstances may try to stop things, love will always find a way.
"The signs said 'Stop' - but we went on whole-hearted. It ended bad, but I love what we started..."
11) Though all good things must come to an end.
"So I'll wait for you. And I'll burn..."
12) Trying to date someone who is in love with their ex usually isnt a good idea.
"What can I do to convince you to change your mind of me? I'm gonna love you more than anyone..."
13) And pining over them afterwards is just as bad.
"If you don't have a date, celebrate. Go out and sit on the lawn, and do nothing..."
14) So sometimes the best thing to do is enjoy being by yourself...
"You only think about yourself..."
15) A relationship with a selfish person probably wont work out.
"I dont mind spending everyday out on your corner in the pouring rain.../She will be loved..."
16) And sometimes you realize that the person you should be with was right there all along.
"She's always buzzing just like neon..."
17) Some people seem to come in and out of your life with no effort...
"And so, you see, this is why I'd rather be alone.../Annie waits, Annie waits, Annie waits..."
18) Though it's really easy to get tired of waiting for them to come around.
"After all the crushes are faded, and all my wishful thinking was wrong, I'm jaded. I hate it..."
19) And once again, you realize that you're left alone.
"There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course. No other way. No day but today..."
20) Sometimes you just have to give in.
"We're going down, and you know that we're doomed. My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room..."
21) And sometimes you just have to give up.
"You're not the perfect hand, but I don't hit on 19..."
22) Settling is okay sometimes...
"Well, I don't expect the world to move underneath me. But for God's sake, could you try?"
23) But you always deserve the best.
"You're just a fool, you know you're in love..."
24) Despite the fact that love can be very complicated...
"The greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return..."
25) You just have to keep believing that it's worth it in the end.
Songs Mentioned In My List:
1) Prince- The Beautiful Ones
2) Nelly Furtado- On The Radio
3) Boomkat- Wasting My Time
4) Bonnie Raitt- I Can't Make You Love Me
5) Vertical Horizon- Everything You Want
6) Ashlee Simpson- Love Me For Me
7) Jamie Cullum- Can't We Be Friends
8) Corinne Bailey Rae- Breathless
9) Aerosmith- Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
10) Charlotte Church- Somewhere
11) Fiona Apple- Parting Gift
12) Jeff Buckley- Lover, You Should've Come Over
13) Gavin Degraw- More Than Anyone
14) Fiona Apple- Waltz (Better Than Fine)
16) Maroon 5- She Will Be Loved
17) John Mayer- Neon
18) Ben Folds- Annie Waits
19) John Mayer- Love Song For No One
20) RENT- Another Day
21) John Mayer- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
22) John Mayer Trio- Another Kind Of Green
23) Kelly Clarkson- Where Is Your Heart
24) Tina Turner- Fool In Love
25) Nat King Cole- Nature Boy
|Read all comments (3)|Write your own comment|
Ads by Google
Why Men Pull Away 10 Ugly Mistakes Women Make That Ruins Any Chances Of A Relationship
Why Men Fall In Love 9 Powerful Words You Can Say That Remind Him Why He Needs You.
Nonfiction Writing Degree Earn a Degree in Nonfiction Writing Santa Fe University of Art & Design