Swiffer Dusters Cleaning System

ratings (44 Epinions reviews)

Easy to Use & Effective - Swiffer Dusters

Jan 6, 2010 (Updated Jan 6, 2010)

Pros:easy to use, easy to assemble, lightweight, traps dust

Cons:duster gets caught on my son's trophies, dog doesn't like it

The Bottom Line:

My family recommends Procter & Gamble’s Swiffer Dusters for their ease of use and effectiveness.

I love gadgets that make my life easier especially ones that help me keep a clean house. I am not a fan of dusting but drudgingly did it weekly. A few years ago I say an ad for Procter and Gamble Swiffer Dusters. Once I saw the ad, I knew it was something I had to try so off I went to make my purchase. I came across the Swiffer Duster Starter Kit and took it home.

Swiffer Dusters come in an 8 x 5 yellow box with a picture of the duster on the box. Inside the box is a lightweight blue plastic handle that you need to assemble and five baby blue and white dusters. The blue handle is easy to assemble, I was able to do it myself. You just need to snap the two pieces together. The fully assembled Duster measures about 12 inches long. The blue and white dusters have a white strip on the top of them. This is where you slide the prongs of the handle into the duster. This is easily done. The duster is lightweight and easy to use.

Once the duster is in place, shake it a bit to fluff and begin to dust. The Swiffer Duster is easy to use and gets into places I can’t with my Pledge and cloth. The Swiffer easily cleans under the VCR and between the fish tank and the entertainment center walls. The flexible Swiffer Duster fits in to tight places. I dust the walls, my televisions, all my wooden furniture, picture frames and knick knacks.

The only problem I have had with the Swiffer Duster is when I dust my son’s trophies. My son races go karts and has about 180 trophies. Sometimes the duster gets caught on the trophies. We have had a few mishaps when dusting where the trophy has gotten stuck in the duster and has almost fallen to the floor. We just have to be a bit more careful when dusting them. This is the only thing I have had problems with dusting.

The Swiffer Duster collects the dust on the duster and doesn’t let go. The dust is on the duster for good. Its fibers capture the dust. My husband has allergies so the Swiffer Duster is nice that it doesn’t push the dust into the air. The textured fibers remove up to 90% of allergens. The dusters are disposable so once you are done dusting (or you can use it a few times) you just toss it away and get another duster. The duster slides right off the handle and into the trash it goes. The handle is reusable, you just need to buy refills.

Even my children will use the Swiffer Dusters. If you give them a rag and Pledge, forget it- they will not help. But if I give them the Swiffer Duster to clean their room, I get no complaints. They say it is easier to clean with the Duster.

I originally bought my Swiffer Duster at the grocery store for around $4.00. You can purchase them at most any grocery stores or stores like Wall mart or Kmart. I have also seen the Dusters online.

Swiffer Dusters are made by Procter and Gamble. Procter and Gamble often offer coupons for their products. If you go on their website they also offer coupons there.

Once you buy the Swiffer Dusters you will need to buy refills. I purchase my refills at BJ’s but also have seen them at the grocery store and at Wal-Mart. The refills I have seen at the grocery store come 10 in a box. The refills I purchase at BJ’s comes 30 in a box. Refills come in unscented, febreeze citrus and light , febreeze lavender vanilla and comfort.

Swiffer also makes the Dusters in a 360 model and an extended handle model. Since purchasing the Swiffer Dusters I have also purchased the Swiffer Dusters with Extendable Handle.

I still dust about once a month with Pledge and a dust rag but for touch ups and weekly dusts, I use my Swiffer Dusters.

The only person in our house that doesn’t like the Swiffer Duster is the dog. I am not sure why but every time I get it out, she barks at it.