Sony MDR-E10LP Fashion Earbuds ~ Rich Sound at a Great Price

Jan 17, 2010

Pros:Great sound quality, deep bass, crisp treble.  Earbud covers included

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

Much improved sound quality over earbuds that come with iPods.  For $9.99 these are SO worth it!  Earbud covers help keep them from slipping out of your ears.

I'd been happy enough with the earbuds that came with my iPod Nano, and never considered replacing them until the little rubber gasket thingy started to come loose.  I saw these Sony earbuds at Target, and hey, for $9.99, why not.  I'm SOOO glad I bought these!

~ Product Description

Sony MDR-E10LP Fashion Earbuds seem fairly standard at first glance, with a white cord and white earbud piece, but they have a dash of cool color where the cord connects to the earbud; look for yellow, purple, red, blue, and more - a color for everyone.

These feature a neodymium magnet that Sony claims delivers powerful sound.  Further specifications are as follows:

Frequency response - 18-22,000 Hz
Sensitivity - 104 dB/mW
L-shaped Stereo Mini Plug
Cord - 3.9 ft.

These Sony earbuds are designed to be used with the earbud marked L in your left ear, and the one marked R in your right.  The standard earbuds that came with my iPod could be worn in either ear.  You do have to look closely to see the L or R marking on the Sony earbuds, but it is clearly marked.

Included in the package are two pads or covers for each earbud to help you get the best fit.  You have a choice whether or not to use the pads.

~ My Experience

I was totally happy with the basic earbuds that came with my iPod, but let me tell you, the Sony MDR-E10LP Earbuds give me a MUCH better sound experience.  I wasn't expecting to notice any difference in the sound, but wow!  The entire listening experience is richer and fuller, with a noticeably deeper bass, and crisper treble.  In fact, I was stunned at the improvement.  And these only cost $9.99!

I have small ears, and earbuds often don't seem to fit me well.  I put on the little covers included with these earbuds, and now the earbuds seem to fit better and don't tend to fall out of my ears so easily.  The pads are made of a gray, sort of super thin stretchy sponge-like material.  One problem, one of them tore as I was trying to get it on the earbud, so they are delicate.  It still works okay, but I wish Sony had included some extras, or at least provided a warning they are so delicate.

The cord is nice and long, and I like the L-shaped mini plug which lies flatter against the iPod.

The colored part of the earbuds is subtle, yet gives it a little flash without being gaudy.  I have the purple.

Still, the best thing about these earbuds is the super rich, full sound they deliver.

~ Final Thoughts

Sony MDR-E10LP Fashion Earbuds are a noticeable improvement over the earbuds that came with my iPod; the sound is full and rich, with a deep, resonant bass and crisp treble enhancing the mid range sounds.  They are comfortable, and come with earbud covers that keep them from slipping out of my ears.  What a steal at $9.99!  You've got to try these!