Whirlpool WFW9750 vibrates, shakes, and squeaks

Mar 3, 2010

Pros:Has a lot of cycle selections. Looks good.

Cons:Shakes violently during spin cycles.  Rattles and sqeakes.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend a Whirlpool front loading washer.  I should have check reviews before buying.

Our 15yr old Maytag W/D pair was still working fine, but wanted to save energy and water.  On 2/25/10, we purchased a Whirlpool WFW9750 and matching dryer. I loaded the washer with an average load and everything went well until it stated the spin between wash and rinse cycles. At low RPM, the washer began swaying.  Eventually, as the RPM increased, the it started to resonate so badly that the side walls started to chatter and the washer walked forward and sideways until it rested against the dryer. The same thing happen on the final spin.  The appliance dealer claimed that my floor is weak. I disagreed with them and placed two cups of water, one along the side and another in front of the washer. During the violent spin cycle, the cups of water remained very still.  The dealer then delivered a second washer.  The second washer also shook violently during the spin cycle. They then tried the first washer back at the store on a concrete floor.  Although the washer didn't walk, it did shake so badly that we could feel vibration in the concrete floor.  The appliance dealer then contacted Whirlpool tech support.  After no answers, tech suppor then forwarded the issue to their engineering.  I have been waiting 5 days for a reply from Whirlpool engineering.

Side note:
When I called Whirlpool customer service to inform them of my displeasure with the product, they said that the washer was sold on 9/19/09, almost 5 months prior to when I purchased it from my local appliance store.  Did is get a refurbished washer from Whirlpool?