Good Steam Mop

May 31, 2010

Pros:Non-toxic (no chemical clean supplies needed).
Sanitizes floors.
Multi-surface cleaner (tile, wood, linoleum).

Cons:-Uses electricity.
-Doesn't clean grout well.

The Bottom Line: Overall, this is a great mop for your everyday cleaning needs. It's not perfect, but it does a good job.

Over a year ago I saw an infomercial on tv about the Euro-Pro Shark Steam mop and decided to purchase one.
As soon as it came in the mail I started to test it like they showed on tv. The results: My hardwood floors now sparkle. My laminate floors look great and aren't damaged from the water because it doesn't leave them damp enough to cause any damage. My ceramic tile floors look brighter too. However, the grout stayed it same old dirt stained color. So if you are looking for a steam cleaner for your grout, you might want to purchase an actual grout steam cleaner.
The Shark Steam Mop also hasn't done too great a job on getting stuck-on food off the grout or tile.
I decided to pour some syrup on the floor (as they did on the infomercial) and I was not impressed. They showed it taking only a few passes to remove it. For me it took somewhere between 10-20 to get the syrup off the floors.
Next, I really wanted to put it to the test, so I tried it on the linoleum floors in our garage, which have been covered with dirt and has oil spots from past oil changes. I was impressed with the results! It didn't get the linoleum super white, but it cleaned up the oil stains and I can't even tell they were ever there. The mop pad, however, was permanently stained.
I've had 2 mop heads which have asted over a year until the velcro pads wore off. The replacement pads aren't too expensive.