Reliable Microwave - GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven

Jun 2, 2010

Pros:turntable, efficient, express buttons, price

Cons:display, button to open somtimes sticks

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking for a good, reliable, attractive but big microwave oven for your office or home, I would recommend GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven.

I don’t own this microwave but I use it every day Monday through Friday. The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is the microwave at my place of work. We actually have two of the same models. I have been using this microwave for over six months and use it at least once daily, sometimes more.

The first thing I noticed about the GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is its size. It is big. This would be too big for my countertops at home, but is a nice size for here at work. The Oven measures 13 ¾” x 19 3/8” x 24”. The GE Profile is a countertop model which fits nicely on our countertops at work. It is a 1200 watt microwave with many features. One feature that is important to me when buying a microwave is that it has a removable turntable. This makes for more even cooking and is easier to clean.

With the GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven you can cook by time or with one of the auto buttons. There is a time cook button which allows you to input the amount of cooking time. A defrost auto/time, an express cook button that starts cooking immediately. A power level button and an add thirty second button. The power levels go from one to ten.

There is a popcorn button, vegetable button, reheat, beverage, potato, and chicken. I have used the beverage and popcorn buttons. The beverage button works fine but I like to manually put in the time for my popcorn. The popcorn button doesn’t cook my popcorn long enough.

The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven also has a humidity sensor. The oven automatically adjusts the cooking time due to humidity.  The oven also features a help button, a delay start, reminder button, scroll start, timer on/off, clock, beeper volume, start/pause button and child lock- out feature.

I use the express cook buttons the most. I also like to input my own time.

The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is easy to clean. If you wipe the oven out when you are done cooking, this will elevate a lot of headaches later. You can wipe with a damp sponge or rag to get out any spills. If something gets caked on, I put a cup of hot water and lemon and cook for about five minutes. I then wipe the microwave clean. The outside is just as easy to clean, just wipe with a wet sponge or rag.

I love using the microwave. I use it a lot for oatmeal, eggs and hot chocolate in the morning and to make soups, leftovers or frozen dinners for lunch. I use these microwaves almost daily if not more than once a day.

The model we have is the stainless steel model. The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven also comes in black and white. It has the window for viewing your foods.  Below the key pad is a button you need to push to open the oven.

The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is easy to use and clean. We have had this model for six months and have not had an issues. There are about one hundred people in my office and both microwaves get used heavily.

Personally I think the GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is a nice, sturdy, efficient unit that works great in my work place. I don’t think I would want this microwave sitting in my kitchen only because of its size. If you have room for it, I do think it is a reliable unit.

I do feel the display window is a bit small on this oven and I tend to have to get closer then I like to read the screen. The GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven also runs quietly which is a must in our office environment.

Another small issue I have noticed with the microwave oven is the button you push to open the door to the microwave sometimes sticks and you need to push it a few times before it will open. I’m not sure if I just don’t push it hard enough or what, but this can be an annoyance.

I don’t know what they paid for the GE Profile™ 2.0 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave Oven but have seen it in stores and online from $200 to $130. So if you are interested in this model, shop around for the best price.