Capella University

Capella University

28 consumer reviews

REVIEW of CAPELLA UNIVERSITY by CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENT

Jul 7, 2010 (Updated Jul 7, 2010)

Pros:great support
knowedgebale professors
flexible scheduling
financial aid support top-notch

Cons:none that I have encountered

The Bottom Line: Definately recommend this school!  All-around helpful, supportive, and prompt!

I must disagree with another learner's review of Capella.  I started in October of 2009.  I was accepted, with conditions, to the Master's program to be a licensed counselor.  My B.A. grade point was not that high-so I had to take 4 classes that are part of the required curriculum for a M.A. in COusneling (licensing track) and get at least a B in all of them.  I have scince completed 3 of the 4 and I have a 4.0 average.  i am starting the last class in a week and aftyer I finish that I will be fully accepted in the M.A. licensing track counseling program.  I have found Capella to be unbeleiveably helpful at every step.  I have never had a problem getting help or support.  Everytime I call customer service I get through.  My advisor is helpful and friendly.  I had a friend who started at Capella last quarter and dropped out after 4 weeks.  She was getting her B.A. and found that an online school is as much work, if not more, than a brick-and-mortar school.  Capella is tough and not for a person who is not ready to work.  Capella is not perfect-but it is pretty close to it.  I am very happy to be a student.  Also, I got my financial aid refund was disbursed in the third week of classes-just like the promised.  I had direct deposit and received my money the Thursday of the third week of classes.  Any questions someone might have, feel free to ask and I willt ry to help.
T. H.