Superb Home Office Printer

Jul 15, 2010

Pros:Quality Printing
Professional Looking
Fair Price
Solid Construction
Ultra Quiet
Fast 35 ppm
Compact
Microsoft 7 Compatible
Built-in Duplexing

Cons:None at this point

The Bottom Line:

I highly recommend this printer for home office use, especially if you like a quiet work environment, precision printing, and could benefit from automatic two-sided duplex printing.

I have been extremely pleased with the Lexmark E260D Monochrome Laser Printer since I purchased it a month ago from Office Depot, on sale.  It is compact, solid, well-designed visually and easy to use.  It is perfectly quiet, speedy, prints quality copies, even with graphics.  Installation was simple.  I print around 300-500 copies a month, most are single copies printed on both sides, so I love the built-in automatic duplex printing.  The printer's recommended use is up to 2,500 sheets a month so it has much to offer busier users.  The 250-sheet tray holds paper snugly, and insures even, squared-upped printing.  Only one hiccup thus far, due to my not fully allowing an envelope to be grabbed by the manual feed slot.  The experience taught me how to 'sense' when I had properly fed the manual feed slot.  The manual feed is done by dropping down the front center door where you'll find a diagram to show you which position to load envelopes, paper, etc.  Very helpful.  By opening the back (which is easily accesible from the top back edge), you can allow card stock and envelopes to pass straight through.  The printer cartridge is convenient to get to with a small release lever located at left side of the front center door.  All doors and paper tray drawer click nicely into place and feel solid when using.  There are no glaring lights, only a tiny green light on top to let you know it's plugged in.  Although a user manual does not come with it, you can easily go to Lexmark online and view the manual in PDF.  It is well-illustrated and answered all my questions.