Original Krud Kutter Concentrate Stain Remover

ratings (1 Epinions review)

KRUD KUTTER Stain Remover

Aug 24, 2010 (Updated Apr 6, 2012)

Pros:Multi-purpose, degreaser, stain remover, non toxic/abrasive, biodegradable, earth friendly, concentrated cleaner

Cons:Possible eye and skin irritant

The Bottom Line: A fantastic multi-purpose cleaner that really removes stains, cuts grease, grime and more. I love that it’s toxic free! Got crud? Get KRUD!

Update:  April 6, 2012.  We're buying a new house which is larger than my old one so once again I've had to rely on Krud Kutter to do a thorough cleaning.  Krud Kutter did a fantastic job on my bathrooms.

=========================================

UPDATE
: October 01, 2010.  Just wanted to mention I found Krud Kutter in the paint section of my local Walmart if anyone is interested in buying.  Also, Lowes has it for $14 a gallon.

****************************************************
For over two years I've wanted to review KRUD KUTTER and how great I thought it was but never really got around to it.  It's about time I spilled the crud on KRUD.

What is KRUD KUTTER?

Specifically, what is Original KRUD KUTTER Concentrated Stain Remover?

Krud Kutter declares "it cleans what ordinary cleaners can't.  We believe cleaners should clean without being toxic.  Krud Kutter safely removes the toughest stains and everyday messes that most "all-purpose" cleaners can't touch - grime, grease, pet stains, and crayons.  It even removes dried latex paint and permanent markers.  Our eco friendly formula is safe for the environment and your family."

Krud Kutter degreases, cuts grease, grime, oil, tar and wax.  It's color fast, fabric safe and leaves no residue.

Contains: A proprietary blend of biodegradable surfactants, detergents, and emulsifiers in a water based solution.  No petroleum solvents, bleach or ammonia.

Can a product do all that without solvents, bleach or ammonia?  Pffft.  No way!  Oh ye, of little faith!

My General Use & Experience:

Let's talk about the first time I bought and used Krud Kutter.  I was trying to clean a bathtub that had been neglected for over a year with little, to no results.  The bottom of the tub was black with built up grime.  I've always been able to get built in dirt and grime off with Comet, and/or bleach, and/or ammonia and a lot of elbow grease.  I've also used Fantastic with great results but none of these products were working.  How can someone let their bathtub get so filthy?  It wasn't me I can assure you!

What kind of tub am I talking about?  It's your standard 5 foot, wall to wall, built-in acrylic (green) which has been in this house for over 40 years.  Twenty of those years I kept it in tip-top shape but was absent from the home for over a year and during that year, it was neglected.

Anyway, I was involved in home renovations and doing a lot of shopping at Lowes so decided to see what kind of cleaning products they had.  Maybe there was something I'd not tried before, something I'd not heard of.  I saw KRUD KUTTER (and I'd never heard of it before but it has been on the market for awhile) and decided to give it a try.  I opted for the small 4oz bottle instead of the gallon jug.  If it worked, I could always buy more, and I have bought more as it's that good.  If it didn't work, well, all I lost was a few dollars.  If you want to try KRUD KUTTER, you might as well buy the gallon jug and be done with it.

Directions said to apply directly on surface and let it briefly penetrate.  Wipe off with clean cloth or towel.  Pretest on fabric.  I squirted KRUD KUTTER on a small area and waited.  Using an old rag I rubbed the liquid around and saw cleanliness.  It had removed the crud that other cleaners couldn't.  I started squirting and found the best results were letting it sit for a couple of minutes before wiping.  The scum came off the tub with very little scrubbing, and I do mean "very little."

There were hard water deposits on the faucet and around the drain.  These calcified deposits weren't coming off no matter how hard I scrubbed or what product I used.  I'd tried vinegar with no success but the KRUD KUTTER did the job.  I had to let it sit longer and scrub with scouring pads but it all came off, and I'm here to say it came off without breaking a sweat.

About the smell?  It's not unpleasant or strongly offensive.  When using the small bottle, I had to put it up to my nose to smell it, and then it wasn't strong.  Some cleaners are strong enough to knock your socks off.  I can easily use this cleaner for extended periods without getting sick.  The first time I smelled it I assumed it wouldn't work since it didn't have a strong odor- an odor that said "I can do the job!"

I don't recommend using any cleaner without proper ventilation.

I've cleaned scummy grime and water deposits, so what else have I cleaned using KRUD KUTTER?

My car's floor mat (driver's side) was black with dirt.  I'm the only one who drives my car so the other mats have all retained their "good" looks.  We had our drive-way and double car garage black-topped (paved) and I was always tracking black gunk on the mat.  Using my Bissell Little Green Machine didn't cut the job and neither did carpet cleaner and a strong scrub brush.  When I had it "detailed," they did an excellent job but who can afford to have their car cleaned every month or so?

Even though it's recommended to pretest on fabric, I didn't.  I sprayed my mat until it was saturated and let it set for 30 minutes and then using a scrub brush, I started scrubbing.  WOW!  I rinsed the mat with my garden hose and let it dry (overnight).  There was still some underlying black in the nap so I saturated it again and let it sit for another 30 minutes.  The results weren't "brand new" clean but they were clean and for a clean freak like me, I was doing the Happy Dance!

Spray it on your cars tires, let it sit for a minute or two, do a quick rub with your brush and you're done.  Spray it on your rims and watch the dirt slide off.

Have you got black mold on your outdoor furniture?  If so, spray some KRUD KUTTER on it, let it sit and rinse.  My husband used it in his power washer when cleaning the back decks.  There's a special KRUD KUTTER for decks, and power washers, but as we had the original, we just used it and it did a great job.

I bought a new riding mower this spring but was using my old mower last year.  My son gave it a tune-up and greased the axle's.  I had black grease on my yellow rims and when trying to clean it, I only smeared it.  Out came the KRUD KUTTER and gone was the grease.

Got a sloppy painter in your house?  I do!  My husband not only painted the bedroom doors, he also managed to get paint on the door knobs.  KRUD KUTTER to the rescue!

Do not use on varnished surfaces or leather.  Don't mix with other chemicals.

I've not had trouble with it irritating my skin but if you do, directions say to flush for 15 minutes with water.  If irritation persists, seek medical attention.  As always, keep out of reach of children.

Final Thoughts:

For over 2 years I've been a huge fan of this fantastic cleaning product and have recommended it to many people.  If you have something cruddy and nasty, get KRUD KUTTER.  It does the job with very little effort.

Questions:
800-466-7126

Supreme Chemicals of Georgia
Cumming, GA 30041
www.krudkutter.com

Made in U.S.A.

Thank you, Dawn, for getting this in the data base so fast!  You're amazing.

ddustyrose 24, 2010