Work as Advertised

Oct 2, 2010

Pros:Good audio quality
Comfortable fit.
Excellent Noise cancellation
Voice commands work well
caller ID

Cons:doesn't reconnect after going out of range
charges via priprietory connector

The Bottom Line: Good buy

This is the second Blueant Q1 that I've purchased. They both perfromed as well as could be expected. I loved the voice controlled aspect of the ear piece and the music playback thru the ear piece. But, I had the first Q1 in my jacket pocket and found it to be in two pieces when I retrieved it, I thought I may have accidentally sat on it so I super glued the ear piece and eventually purchased another. The second one I had only a couple of weeks and while it was in my ear, I was adjusting it for comfort and it broke in the same place as the first one. I don't think I'll be buying another.
First of all, it's a great headset. The ear gel is about as comfortable as eargels get and the earhook is unobtrusive.
Sound quality is good and people can easily hear me even with the wind blowing due to some good noise cancellation.

The headset is firmware-upgradeable through the BlueAnt website.
The real value of this headset for me though, is the ability to listen to my books and podcasts with the same headset that I use for telephone calls. I wouldn't recommend this for music, but for spoken media, the single-ear, BT a2dpd wireless connection makes the whole set up significantly more convenient to manage and use as I go about my daytime activities than earphones. I waited a long time for this capability and find it incredible that BlueAnt seems to be the only company that's figured out how to deliver it, but now that they have, I'm sticking with them. If I lose or break the Q1, I'm purchasing another one immediately.