Clean, Quiet, and BIG tip about soap

Oct 5, 2010

Pros:Clean, dry, spot free dishes every wash. No extra wiping required.

Cons:Just some early frustration with noise that was easily overcome.

The Bottom Line: Based on the price, energy consumption, dB (noise level) rating, we did our research and are quite pleased with this unit.

Surprised to see all the negative reviews here...but the noise and cleanliness COULD be due to one major flaw...in the manual!

They need to clearly tell you based on your water quality,what type AND amount of soap to use!

Kudos though to their customer service dept...it's US based so you can clearly communicate with the rep...and she was friendly and very prompt to realize the issue we were calling about.

Which was a loud motor after about two weeks of use. Well...that loud motor was because it was struggling to deal with too much soap based on us having a water softner.

Once we were instructed how much soap to use...and even drew a line in the one side of the soap dispenser to make sure we never again used too much, the unit has returned to whisper quiet and the dishes are perfectly clean AND dry every time just using the "Normal" wash setting.

Having the controls on the inside top of the door makes for a very clean exterior. And the one feature I like the most is how a "normal" wash...which is supposed to take 99 minutes...in the beginning cyle, it analyzes how much food residue it on the plates. IF you are a rinse before loading kind of person like us, you'll be surprised to see the 95 minutes reduce to 77 as the unit realizes it doesn't need to do that long a wash. Saving water and energy is pretty cool in my book.

Bottom line...we've had this dishwasher for 6 months and not another issue with it...so very pleased for the price/performance ratio it's given us.