why you dont want this LG microwave

Oct 8, 2010

Pros:Decent cost, product cooks fast

Cons:Cheap construction, defective parts, poor warranty, zero customer service, needs expensive repairs

The Bottom Line: Dont buy products from LG they are not worth the expense or cost.

I bought this microwave one year and one month ago.  Out of the box the unit didnt work so I returned it for a new one.  The second unit the bottom light stopped working (used for lighting your stove area) I called LG they sent a repairman within two days.  The part required one week to be ordered.  It was a faulty power connector which should have been caught at the factory.  The unit has worked fine up till now.  Now the unit is DOA no lights no clock nothing.  Called LG its one month out of warranty so they will only send a repairman at my cost.  Now the first repairman would have cost me $135.  Just to get a repairman out costs $95 even if no problem is found.  My problem with LG is their customer service is only geared towards pushing people to repair calls.  They have no technical support at all.  I think in the age of expensive repair bills an option should be given for the do it yourself person.  Or at the very least make a product that lasts.  My previous Panasonic lasted 15 years with zero problems.  It was only replaced because its slow on the cook compared to newer models.  In short I wouldnt buy any LG products just because of customer service geared towards making money on the backend.  The product should last longer than two weeks or even a year.