For the price, a solid deal.

Oct 30, 2010

Pros:Crisp Text
Colors
Price
Free DVI

Cons:Minimal viewing angles, that's it.

The Bottom Line: Great LED LCD monitor. No Dead Pixels.

"ViewSonic’s VX2250wm-LED features an environmentally friendly mercury free LED backlight, 22” (21.5” Vis) widescreen monitor with up to 40% energy saving compared to a regular 22” monitor. It offers Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, 5ms response time, 10,000,000:1 MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio, digital and analog inputs and integrated stereo speakers. Ideal for both home and office with the piano black finish, VX2250wm-LED can be mounted on a VESA compliant stand or wall mount bracket. It also has an automatic aspect ratio adjustment so when your input is a 4:3 signal, the image will not be stretched but instead it will be positioned in the middle of the screen with side bars. 3 year warranty, industry’s best pixel performance policy and Windows 7 certification make VX2250wm-LED a great long term investment. "

That's from the site. The basic info anyone can look up so I'm not going to make anything up that' s not my opinion.

Now my review.

I cannot compare more expensive monitors in the range of this monitor but the colors and blacks are very good. The monitor virtually emits no heat and our electricity bill has gone down.

The only gripe I have is the small viewable angle compared to more expensive televisions that are LCD as well. I noticed that for some odd reason, PC monitors seem to have a worse viewable angle than televisions but I don't know the reason, but yet monitors tend to look better.

So when you move too far up or to the side the contrast tends to change...other than that this monitor is very crisp and beautiful.

It has tough button adjustments that tend to take getting used to but are very simple to use once you get the hang of them. Another thing is that it comes with the DVI cable. That's a $20 cost for free in my book. Some, even other viewsonics leave out the DVI cable.

As with any new monitor you may wonder if the settings are decent right out of the box, so I used the Nvidia Display Optimization. IT allows for adjustments the monitor does not, like specific color gamma and overall gamma adjustments.

The monitor offers basic Brightness/contrast and color temps. The best choice is clear that you are supposed to use 6500k for best whites. Text is crisp and clear and is clearly better than my Viewsonic 225 Pro version which was $900 new. It also was a $$$ hog.

No dead Pixels either.

Overall I say this monitor is very good and being 22 inches yet widescreen makes it appear much larger than you'd think on a desktop.

The best choice for resolution is the Native 1920 x 1080p as other resolutions look wierd in my opinion, unlike on CRT monitors. I dont understand why, but CRT's seem to adjust resolution better, or more correctly, but if you don't run LCD's in Native mode, things look blurry. The monitor even states that it recommends running in Native mode. This is fine, until you are forced to run all games in this high of resolution. Not every video card or computer can run games smoothly so you may have to upgrade your graphics hardware.

My 8800GT runs games at 1920x1080p fine, but in Fallout : New Vegas is suffers a bit. Company of Heroes Online runs fine however.