Great steam espresso machine!

Jan 7, 2011

Pros:Best for the money and long lasting!

Cons:I would like to see the steam nozzle be able to flip to either side.

The Bottom Line: If you want a good espresso/latte machine for a good price and want it to last - buy it!

I had my first Krups steam ezpresso machine for 10 years and before that in college I used the stove top euro espresso pot that could boil over very easily.   The only reason that I got rid of my Krups steam espresso maker is because someone bought me a Krups combo espresso/coffee maker as a housewarming gift.  It lasted 7 years until the plate warmer was peeling off and the handle on the espresso machine broke....so I bought this model of espresso machine - great and easy to use and since it is not a pump - I will be using this one for 10 or maybe 20 years!  I think people that don't know how to make espresso have problems with the machine blowing up - my husband tried to make coffee for me once and he ground the coffee too fine and the steam/espresso misture couldn't escape - so it exploded all over him!  Luckily he was not hurt.  I did explain to him the science behind it to get great espresso- cold water, correct grind, pressure, etc.  I also use this when I'm in a hurry to make a cup of regular coffee - I just use enough (espresso-fine) ground coffee for 2 and add water for 4.  It makes a great cup of regular coffee that way!