Best-designed fridge we have ever owned.

Jan 18, 2011

Pros:Absolutely huge inside.
Well-laid-out drawers and bins.
Performs well and is energy-efficient.

Cons:Sometimes have to dive headfirst into the freezer to find something.

The Bottom Line: We would buy this again. As a matter of fact, when our current kitchen fridge goes belly-up, we'll probably see what Samsung has to offer...

We bought this fridge to serve as a back-up fridge in the (climate-controlled) storage area because our kitchen can only accommodate a counter-depth side-by-side. I wanted a fridge with more flexible interior space that could store larger things, especially since we belong to a couple of local-food-source cooperatives and end up with soem bulk.

We could not be more pleased with this fridge. As full-sized fridges go, it's not particularly huge, but it SEEMS absolutely cavernous inside. I could easily put 8 gallons of milk in just the fridge doors! The crisper drawers seem to do a better-than-average job of keeping produce fresh, and like the fact that the freezer drawer has both a top-level drawer and a moveable partition to aid organizing it. There is still a tendency to "lose" things in the bottom of the freezer drawer, but it's not terrible (especially since I primarily use it for keeping bags of nuts and frozen veggies - we have a separate upright freezer for meat).

The specs don't indicate this, but it DOES have an icemaker. It's just not a through-the-door setup (we didn't WANT that on a backup fridge).

Also, when this fridge was first installed (in the heat of summer), it took it less than 2 hours to get completely down to temperature. That seemed impressive to me.