"It's scary, Mommy!"

Mar 23, 2011

Pros:Racks slide super easy

Cons:Racks slide super easy

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this dishwasher to my worst enemy

I have spent the last 2 years teaching my 4 1/2 yr old son to put his dishes into the dishwasher. About 2 weeks ago, we had this LG dishwasher installed. My son goes to put his plate into the bottom rack, it slides completley out of the dishwasher, crashes onto the floor and into the refirgerator, sending plates, bowls and flatware everywhere. While the look on my son's face made me chuckle, he was terrifed. He will no longer put his dishes in the dishwasher, instead he tells me "It's scary."
This was just one small problem. We have also noticed that when we open the dishwasher after it has completed a cycle (even hours later) EVERYTHING is still wet. Not just the plastic, but glass, metal, the door itself. I am afraid this is going to lead to a moldy dishwasher or at the very least, a musty smell when we open it. I am not willing to leave my dishwasher open every day, just to dry out. I have also noticed a slight odor while the dishwasher is running, sort of like the smell an oven makes when you run the self cleaning. I thought this smell would go away after a few uses, but we run the dishwasher almost every day, and the smell is still there.
I have called LG about this, and they have sent a request for a service call, although, I have not yet heard from their authorized servicer (someone we have done work with before and been satified with their response, so I feel that the delay is on LG, not the servicer). I also tried to ask if adding some sort of silicone stopper to the door would void my warrenty. After 30 mins of asking the rep and practically begging to speak to tech support, I hung up with an update to my service order to have the tech look at the rack trouble as well. Oh, and let me add, apparently this is the first that anyone at LG has heard of my particular problems. 'They are unique" is what I was told. Uh, yeah. Like I have "stupid' tatooed on my forehead.
To LG, I just want to say, you guys are totally useless. I feel cheated and I am going to go back to the store where I purchased this and talk to them about exchanging this DW for another brand.