Wow! What a blender

Mar 26, 2011

Pros:Powerful, easy to clean.

Cons:A bit loud.

The Bottom Line: This was a great buy for us.  In the, we got a blender that does what we need at a very good price.

Being new converts to the benefits of drinking green smoothies, we wanted to move up to a blender that was up to the task of mixing things like fresh green leafy vegetables and fruits.  Plus, it had to be at a price that was affordable and also have a reputaion of durability.  So, after reading many comparisons on the High End Super Blenders, I came across a side by side comparison on YouTube that not only featured the Kitchenaide, but four other blenders as well.  In all comparisons, the Kitchenaide came out better or equal to the high end products like Vitamix or Blendtec.
We decided to give the Kitchenaide a shot and found them at Amazon.com priced very attractively.
Upon arrival, it was but to use right away.  Although a bit loud, it does a great job!  So far it has not only handled fresh leafy greens, but whole oranges, apples and the occassional beet.  This machine has 5 speeds and a polycarbonate pitcher that is so easy to clean.
The crushed ice feature does a great job and there were no large peaces of ice when it was done, just a pitcher full of white fluffy snow!
If you are the consumer who may be wanting to try new healthy food alternatives, without the commitment of a high end blender, this will work and work very well for you.  We use this about 4 times a day to make vegetable and fruit smoothies, and it has produced a smooth and consistant drink each time.