An Excellent Purchase

Apr 19, 2011

Pros:-wonderful picture quality
-multiple settings for nightime, portraits, landscapes, and action
-extremely long battery life

Cons:-lens cap not attached to camera
-the flash has to be set
-zoom capability is low

The Bottom Line: This camera is easy enough for a beginner to use, yet has the quality that professionals look for.

I bought this camera in November on Black Friday, so I did manage to save some mony. But after seeing the quality of this camera, I would have paid full price. I am not a professional photographer, but I found the Canon Rebel T1i/EOS 500D Digital Camera with 18-55mm lens very easy to use, especially for an amateur like me. The pictue quality is excellent, as well as the zoom. The extent of the zoom isn't all that far, but I did purchase another larger lens that increases the zoom capability. I would recommend buying an additional lens. I am also very impressed with the battery life. It lasts for such a long time! I have only had to charge the battery once or twice, which  consider very impressive. The pictures taken outside in natural light are better than the pictues taken with the flash; at times, i found the flash to be a little harsh. Another downside is that you are required to actually turn the camera off when you want to change the setting, but the camera doesn't take that long to turn on, and also doesn't make any noise, like other cameras I've tried in the past. It can be quite embarassing if you're at a quiet event and your camera makes a loud sound when it turns on! Overall, I am very happy with this camera, and will certainly be telling anyone who enjoys photograpy about it.