It's Here! The Fifth Annual Christmas in July Write-Off

by
Jun 29, 2011 (Updated Sep 11, 2011)

The Bottom Line I can't belive it's been five years.

"Hey Bruguru!" You say. "It's still June, and here you are yakking about Christmas in July."

"Hey you!" I say, "Why not? They start playing Christmas music on the radio at Thanksgiving, and selling ornaments in the stores in August. So again, why not?"

Christmas in July, after all, is one of the best times of the year, second only to Christmas in December. Time for decking the halls with boughs of holly, caroling, admiring the festive lights, getting those last minute gifts at the oh-so crowded stores. And, well, just having fun.

We've been having fun with Christmas in July for some time now, and hopefully you can too with the Fifth Annual Christmas in July write-off.

Christmas in July has become a tradition Chez Bruguru, and after all, what better way to cool off than by thinking of Santa, Rudolph, and Frosty? Here's how it works: your review simply has to be about any Christmas or winter season product of your choice. Got a gift you received for Christmas but never got around to reviewing? Now's the time to do it.

Entries can be submitted anytime until July 31st. Just drop me a link to your review, and I'll be happy to post it here. You, in turn, simply need to mention the write-off and post a link to this posting in return.

Merry Christmas in July! And if you'll excuse me, I must be off. I think I see Santa out on the 18th hole.''

This year's entries:

Snowman is a Typical Pull String Toy but Still Makes a Nice Ornament by carstairs38

Dr. Demento Presents the Not-Quite-Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time by bilbopooh

Santa's Magical Bear is the Most Unique Entry in Yuletide Treasures by carstairs38

Christmas in July With a Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale by bruguru

In So Beautiful or So What, Paul Simon Chooses Beautiful by bilbopooh

Charles Tazewell Weaves a Touching Donkey Tale in The Small One by bilbopooh

Banging the Drum for Toy Soldier by carstairs38

Trixie and Honey Get a Little Spooked in The Mystery of the Whispering Witch by bilbopooh

Cook Santa's Favorite North Pole Recipes and You Will Be On His Nice List! by Staceys1

Read previous year's entries here:

Fourth Annual Christmas in July Write-Off

Third Annual Christmas in July Write-Off

Second Annual Christmas in July Write-Off

First Annual Christmas in July Write-Off

Member: John Staradumsky
Location: Canton, Georgia.
About Me: Christmas in July Write off is back!