DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ - DOES NOT CLEAN!!!!!!

Jul 7, 2011

Pros:Large Capacity, that's it !!!

Cons:DOES NOT CLEAN/REMOVE SPOTS OR ALLOW IN "HOT" WATER
CLOTHES NOT CIRCULATED FOR CLEANING

The Bottom Line: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!  THIS IS NOT A WASHER FOR A
FAMILY WHO REALLY NEEDS CLEAN CLOTHES.  I CAN GET CLEANER
CLOTHES BY HANDWASHING

Bought this LG Top Loader WAVE washer after doing extensive research and trusting other online reviews... but I'm not sure if these people have ever had a decent washer before.   This is my first review EVER -  so I'm not one of those obsessive complainers but this is a piece of TRASH.  After having and loving my Front-Load KENMORE for the past 6 years - we just moved back to our Hurricane Katrina house and purchased all new appliances.  With four (4) school age sons, who play lots of sports,  we WASH at least 2- 3 loads every day!!  What a disappointment when we started seeing "Ring-Around-the-Collar" on their WHITE School Uniform shirts,  along with yellowing Tees & Socks that were still black on the bottom - even with using the "Whitest Whites" cycle and tons of  bleach.  As an owner of a smoothie shop for the past 6 years - i have NEVER had my uniforms come out with stains until NOW;  and without getting too disgusting here - there are other personal hygiene issues that this machine simply cannot handle.  I tried returning machine to HOME DEPOT (Who was of NO help - and said that they were just the middle man and it was simply a case of "Buyer's Remorse") -  said that I should call LG CUSTOMER SUPPORT.  i'VE had the service guy come out, but because everything mechanical is working - LG will NOT admit to anything being wrong with  the washer.  YES - it fills with water, runs fine, does a little "wave" action, and even plays a lovely TUNE at the end of each cycle, but the clothes are NOT CLEANED -  Service Guy says that this machine does NOT ALLOW in enough HOT water, and has many complaints on this machine  - he did however recommend LG's Front Loader - but since its "working" -  LG will NOT REPLACE.  Ive paid nearly $1000 for this machine, and would love to swap it for a Front Loader... i have an LG Refrigerator that I Love  so im not just picking on these guys - BUT can anyone at LG get me some satisfaction here .... PLEASE ????!!!!!

I have literally stood for over 30 straight minutes - just watching what this machine would do -  i have seen the same clothes stay on top of the load for the entire cycle,  I have taken out a comforter -  where the center of it was NOT even WET.
Because there is NO agitator (which allows for larger capacity) - the clothes DO NOT rub against each other to aid in cleaning.   What good is the large capacity if it simply DOES NOT CLEAN??