Worth it, but doesn't fit all vehicles.

Jul 17, 2011

Pros:Cute, Safe, High resale value, durable, good customer service.

Cons:Expensive, Heavy, doesn't fit in shopping cart, will not fit all vehicles.

The Bottom Line: Buy this seat if you want the safest seat out there for your baby, but be aware that it may not fit in smaller vehicles.

I bought two of these in the cow print before my twins were born, we wanted the safest seat out there and Britax has a good reputation and the side impact protection and rebound bar impressed me.
The initial shock was that this seat would not fit behind either the driver or passenger seat in our station wagon (that is, if you wanted anyone to fit in the front seat!).  A mini-van was in our future anyway, but the bases are HUGE and will hang over almost any seat.
The seat was very user friendly.  The base install was pretty easy and the height adjustment of the staps is really easy (no rethreading required).
The boys really loved these seats!  They always seemed comfortable and their heads wouldn't flop over like I see in some of the cheaper seats.  Coupled with the double snap and go this was a great twin travel system -they fit them well as preemies and continued until about 9 months.  I recieved many comments on how cute this seat was and questions about where one could be bought, a bit annoying that I had to buy mine online sight unseen.
There was a recall of the chest buckle, but I was happy how quickly britax sent me replacements!