Maytag RanMER6770 Kitchen Range

Maytag RanMER6770 Kitchen Range

ratings (15 Epinions reviews)

Maytag Smooth top Gemini Electric range MER6770

Feb 12, 2002

Pros:LOVE all the features!

Cons:Non other than I feel very spoiled!

The Bottom Line: I Love it and would buy it again in a flash! My mom who is 83 laments "Where were they in my day?"

My best friend bought a smooth-top stove. I was green with envy and went home to my electric stove with those awful drip pans to clean!
I remembered that I had been saving for something that I really wanted and when Circuit City went out of the appliance business, I went SHOPPING!
After reading Consumer Reports to check out all the brands, we went to our Circuit City. There sitting by itself was a Maytag Smooth top Gemini range! It was really low priced. (I discovered that retailers are NOT allowed to discount Maytag too much or the stores loose the Maytag products account.) Anyway, it was love at first sight.
I went to one other store and that salesman(wouldn't leave me alone) really sold me on this range!
I got this oven one year ago and have had NO problems.
It has a small top oven (perfect for those baked potatoes or small meals) and a nice big oven on the bottom. The shelves remove easily and the big oven has a "half-rack" you can order from Maytag. Great for while that Turkey is roasting.
The top units keep food at an even temperature. I have green beans and ham softly boiling on the front burner for over 1 hour and it's kept an even temperature! The key pad has everything you could desire.They even have TWO timers so you can time food in both ovens at the same time!
After four months I discovered some new features in the instruction booklet that I didn't know it could do!
I have not had ONE problem with it at all.
It is easy to clean and every night I breathe a "thank you" to Maytag when it takes me three minutes to clean the top after cooking a meal. Just be very sure to get smooth-top cleaner for it and if you need to use that razor blade--keep it at a low angle to scrape off anything that won't wipe off.(not much won't wipe off!)
I am in love with my Maytag. Oh yes, don't be afraid to call their 800 number. Their Customer Service people are very friendly!
Oh,my son-in-law's mom ran out and bought one for herself after seeing mine! She loves hers too! The more you use it, the more you love it!

Amount Paid (US$): $900.00