Shark Euro Pro MV2010 Vac Then Steam Mop

Jul 31, 2011 (Updated Jul 31, 2011)

Pros:Light weight, Easy to Use, Performs Well

Cons:Small Debris Cannister, Replacement Pads are Expensive

The Bottom Line: This cute little vacuum combined steamer is a great buy!

After installing laminate floors throughout most of our home, I had tried numerous different vacuums and mop devices with little to no success. As much as I had looked forward to getting rid of our carpet, I was discouraged at how hard the upkeep of the new floors was. With 3 kids and a puppy, lots of dirt, dried grass and fur makes its way to my floors. Thankfully, I finally splurged on the Shark Euro-Pro MV2010 Vac Then Steam Mop.

About This Product
The Shark Euro-Pro MV 2010 Vac Then Steam is a very lightweight, slim vacuum that is also a steam cleaner for all sealed floors. It is made for hard surfaces only. It has good suction and performs well removing dirt and debris from hard surfaces. To steam clean, simply attach (magnetized) the steam cleaning attachment and attach the cleaning pads (conveniently with Velcro strips).  It comes with 4 machine washable cleaning pads (2 Micro-Fiber, 2 Heavy Duty).You simply add water and clean away. I was hesitant to spend any more money after wasting so much on other vacuums and mops but I am so GLAD that I did. I love my Shark.

My Experience
I had tried many different vacuums and mops including the Swifter. I was tired of never being able to get all of the dirt and debris up and having sticky, lifeless looking floors. This Shark is a breeze to use. To change over from vacuuming to moping, you simply slide a switch and pop on the steam cleaning plate with a cleaning pad that easily attaches. The cleaning pads are machine washable but must be hand dried. I did find that I had to go over my floors a little more, especially in areas that were dirtier.

Availability and Cost
I bought my Shark from K-Mart on sale for $100. Prices appear to vary from $90 on sale to $150. They do seem to sell well especially when on sale. So, if you want one, and you see a good sale, I would not hesitate.