Kodak EasyShare

Aug 1, 2011

Pros:High megapixels, nice quality pictures, ease of use.

Cons:Batteries/battery life, small memory capacity.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this camera for teenagers, or as a first digital camera for someone due to it's extreme ease of use.

I recently purchased a Kodak EasyShare C195 digital camera. It is a 14 mega pixel camera with 5x optical zoom and a 3" LCD display. I uses two double A batteries, rather than a lithium battery which is a con for me and I prefer to recharge the battery rather than replace. The battery life isn't great, and the on board memory is extremely small. I recommend purchasing an SD card to use with this and a lot of extra batteries. The camera itself is extremely easy to use, and the software is simple to install. The pictures look great, and it's simple to take photos, especially since it uses auto-focus.
It can upload pictures and videos directly to facebook, youtube, flickr, and has direct e-mail if you wish to set these up. These are great extras for the camera, and it is pretty nice for $100, but I would prefer a lithium battery. The camera is shaped awkwardly as they all seem to be, it is short and thick, which makes it feel strange to try to hold on to. I think this is a great camera for a teenager, but I wouldn't recommend it to an adult or anyone who wants a camera for photograpy.