Super Quiet!

Aug 26, 2011

Pros:Super, super quiet
Cleans very well
Easy to use

Cons:Silverware basket has a flimsly lid and slots too small for some silverware

The Bottom Line: This KitchenAid dishwasher cleans dishes/silverware exceptionally well.  Its sleek look, hidden controls, adjustable rack, stainless interior, QUIETNESS and quality workmanship are a bonus!

We bought this dishwasher 4 months ago to replace our previous one that had been broken for several years.  The old one performed only fair, so I was not excited to replace it.  We finally did when we had our kitchen remodeled.  WOW! What a difference!! This KitchenAid dishwasher cleans really well, is easy to use, and is extremely quiet.  I had to check to see if it was really running.  Glasses and silverware come out looking like new.  I never see spots on the glasses, and there is very little to no water on the plastics in the upper rack.  Rinse aid is a big plus here, and the rinse gauge is easy to read.  I love the stainless steel interior, and the adjustable upper rack.  It has been very handy for larger plastic items.   Since it is just myself and DH, we generally use the 1-hour cycle most of the time, and dishes come out very clean.  We use the normal cycle when we have our weekend family dinners.  It is very sleek looking and I love the hidden controls.  Although the controls are touch sensitive, you get use to it.  Also, after setting the desired cycle(s), the start button has to be touched within 3 seconds to start.  No problem.  The only thing I don't like is the silverware basket, which has a flimsy lid that keeps coming off, the slots are too small for my forks, etc, and it is large and one-piece.  Luckily, I saved the basket from my old machine, which has larger slots, hinged lid, and separates into 3 baskets.  But other than this one little thing with the basket, we absolutely LOVE it!  This KitchenAid is an awesome dishwasher.