Great personal or business printer

Oct 3, 2011

Pros:Dependable, rarely jams, has many easy to use features for printing, copying, scanning, and faxing

Cons:Can be a bit heavy in terms of the way it uses toner

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this combination printer/fax/scanner/copier for anyone looking for a light to medium use machine for home or a personal office.

Of all the small combination machines (printing, faxing, copying, and scanning) I've used this one is one of the most dependable and easy to use.  After nearly two years of using it daily it continues to work without incidents and rarely jams.  I would highly recommend it for home use or light office use.
The speed at which the printer and copier work is ideal for lighter use and not appropriate for heavy office use but the colors are accurate and the print quality is consistently good.
The scanner has some very useful options such as creating the scanned digital file in a pdf format rather than a jpg or other image format.  I personally prefer pdf for a number of reasons so this was a selling point for me.
Lexmark is good about correcting any flaws in the driver software and I regularly receive updates automatically, another convenient service that came free from Lexmark.
The printer does have Wi-Fi, a great feature if you want to be able to print from mobile devices or laptops.
Overall this printer is my favorite and I've owned a few over the years.  Because of the ease of use and dependability not only would I buy another printer like this or in this series but I would also try other printers made by Lexmark.