Long Lasting, Convenient, even cooking, low electricity use

Oct 10, 2011 (Updated Apr 23, 2012)

Pros:Inexpensive, long lasting, reliable performance, large enough for standard cookware.

Cons:Hard to clean deep into the corners and ithe inside roof.

The Bottom Line: Very good performance, attractive, light weight, mid-size, holds up to daily use and very easy to use.

Love accurately describes my relationship with the Sharp Carousel Microwave oven.
When my old microwave quit working, I was looking for something cheap and large enough to fit a full size casserole dish into and this microwave fit the bill.

With 1100 watts of cooking power, automatic features like a one push microwave pop corn button and minute pluse button with defrost and timer features, this oven was very convenient to use and very user friendly.

I've owned this one for three years, and the only thing that has gone wrong is that the #4 push button, no longer pushes.

The  1.0 cubic foot and just over 12 inch round turn table makes it a midsized model, but if you use standard size bakewear, you will not really need anything larger.
It can bake 4-6  potatoes at one time with no problem and tends to cook fairly evenly. The carousel works well and does not hang up, plus the turntable plate sits easily on the rotating area without having to work hard to center or line it up.

Moisture does not tend to collect underneath it either as in some models and it is fairly easy to clean, though like all microwaves, if you do not clean it right away, it tends to get that baked on build-up in the corners.

The door opens and closes easily and it takes a lot of abuse. I use it several times a day and it has held up well.

If you search around, you can find them for under $100.

It cooks food fast. One large potato can bake in under five minutes and you can heat a mug of water in under one minute.

The only thing that would make it better is if it was self cleaning!