First consider the types of paper you want to use.

Oct 10, 2011

Pros:Wireless scanning, faxing, printingHigh quality two-sided printing.

Cons:Printing on card stock is hit-or-miss and printing on pre-perforated card stock is impossible.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended for normal paper, not recommended at all for perforated card stock.

The bells and whistles of the Epson Artisan 835 are quite spectacular. Especially being wireless, I like that I can scan documents remotely to a computer or to memory card. There is an automatic document feeder for the scanner for fast scanning of documents.
If you're a parent, there's even a built-in function that prints out an image as a line drawing for coloring.
There are two additional toner cartridges: Light versions of Cyan and Magenta, which smooth shading and enhance color.
All the functionality of this printer overwhelmed my reasoning regarding the ability to print on different types of paper. It has an internal DVD printer as well as the ability to print on photo paper.
• However, if you want to print on any Avery card stock that was pre-perforated, forget it. The paper is fed from the front and must turn around a very tight bending roller that will cause the perforations to fold, jamming the printer.
When considering a printer, if you plan on printing on any stock that is perforated, or different than normal paper, consider printers that feed paper through the back and that don't tightly fold the paper during the process.
If I could afford it and had space for it, I will keep this printer and get an additional printer for heavy card stock and perforated paper printing.