HughesNet

HughesNet

ratings (31 Epinions reviews)

Hughesnet Is a SCAM!!

Nov 17, 2011 (Updated Nov 17, 2011)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Connection Reliability:
  • Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:SCAM!!

Cons:SCAM!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!

The Bottom Line: HUGHENET IS A SCAM!!

When I ordered this service the represenative never once told me there was a 200mb daily limit. the service was slow, I couldn't download files. I called and got a service tech out and the first thing he did was ck to see if i had used up the 200mb daily limit, I asked him what he was talking about and that's when I found out about it. The tech told me that happens a lot. I was also told that if I didn't like the service I would get a full refund if canceled within 21 days, I bought the equipment, wish I would have leased it. When I went to return the equipment the agent said they would send a return box, I waited almost 2 weeks for it and never recieved it. After reading the return instructions it was clear the equipment better be packed good or I wouldn't recieve a refund plus make sure I insured and got delivery confirmation. By the time I bought a box, packing material, tape, insurance, delivery confirmation it cost me $102.00 to send the equipment back. After 3 weeks of waiting for my refund I called Hughesnet to ask why I haven't recieved it, I paid $468.78 originally, they are only refunding $255.24, they are charging $213.54 for installation and other fees, so after i deduct the $102.00 it cost me to ship back because they would not send me the return box, I ended up with $152.24 out of $468.78. This company is nothing but a SCAM!!!!! I will do my best to spread the word about this worthless company so other people won't get screwed the way I did.

Version Number or Year: ?