A Very Good Camera

Dec 16, 2011

Pros:Amazing photos
Vibrant color
Can zoom
Action shots
Many options

Cons:High price
No live screen
Poor instructions
Not a great lens

The Bottom Line: I would buy this camera again just based on my level of use age, but for anyone who wants to use it every day, I would not recommend it.

I am by no means a professional photographer, but this camera made me feel like I was one. The camera takes amazing photos, and almost no experience is needed. The Nikon D3000 camera has amazing zoom, and great focus. I took pictures at a very active summer camp where kids were doing a high ropes course and in almost all of the pictures the children are visible. I have amazing photos of them all jumping, zip-lining, and balancing up in the air.

The zoom lens on this camera was not what I expected. I was able to zoom very far in my photos, but only when I zoomed in as far as I possibly could with the lens, and then would go to the viewing screen and zoom in on the part of the picture I wanted to be further zoomed in.

I knew before I bought the camera that being a DSLR the would be no live screen, but I was surprised by how much that limited/limits me in general. Of course, I can still capture amazing photos, but without a live viewing screen this task becomes a lot harder.

In addition, the price is quite high for such a camera.

In all, this is a very good camera, but there definately better ones out there.