Decent For a Beginner

Dec 16, 2011

Pros:1. Professional look
2. Image stablization
3. Fast shutter speed
4. 6FPS
5. 360 Panaroma

Cons:1. Fixed lens (Non-interchangable)
2. Bad Video Focus
3. 4 AA Batteries

The Bottom Line: Not for professionals or enthusiast. If you just want the professional look and feel then this may be for you. Good quality, good features, fixed lens.

I have currently owned the FujiFilm FinePix HS20EXR Digital Camera for around 2 months. I bought this product because it had a professional look to it and the price was very good. I had always been interested in photography and I always wanted the professional camera, this was not a professional camera but it sure did look like it. This camera has a great feel to it, it gives you that professional feeling.

If you are a professional I do not recommend this camera. If you are interested in photographing wildlife I would not recommend this camera. This camera is good for action shots at a decent range. The camera has a 30x zoom, the lens is fixed and cannot be changed which may be a problem for some.

The pictures are typically 4MB per picture and the video is shot in 1080p (can be changed), this requires a spacious memory card. The camera looks really neat and has a lot of different shooting modes. It also has a built in flash which pops-up with the press of a button. The camera has a horse shoe mount on-top. I have received so many compliments and I have taken the camera to the zoo, police graduation, and other events and the camera has not disappointed me too much.

There are flaws with the camera but it isn't a very bad camera. If you are looking to get into photography and are currently a beginner this might be a good choice, just keep in mind that you CANNOT change the lenses, so if you are interested in shooting really long distance shots then this camera may not be the right choice for you.

If you are an experienced photographer you may just want to spend the extra money for a professional camera.