Stylish, Sleek and Quality 42" HDTV

Jan 12, 2012

Pros:Affordable, lightweight, stunning picture

Cons:I haven't found any cons yet.

The Bottom Line: Vizio provides a high quality product that is not outrageously priced. We are have very happy with our TV.

Great Family Gift
The time had come to replace our old 25" very heavy and big television.  Christmas was also quickly approaching.  Last year we bought almost all the things on our kids wishlist. However, they ended up using only 15% of the gifts we had given them.   So this year we decided to get the family something we all use on a daily basis.  Yep, a new TV!

Why a 42" TV?
We chose the 42" Vizio, because of the size of the room we put it in.  Plus, the price was much more appealing.  We shopped the sales and were able to purchase the TV for just over $400.

Functionality
The Vizio E421VO LCD TV has a extensive menu of items that may be used to adjust the onscreen picture.  Technology and I don't work well together, but the TV's menu is very user friendly.

Would you like to view your pictures or vacation videos on your TV.  Well you can with the Vizio TV.  All you have to do is insert your USB stick into the input slot on the side of your TV, then select the appropriate input from the onscreen menu and ta da.

Specs

The panel resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels

SRS TruSurround HD and SRS TruVolume

There are inputs in the rear and on the side of the TV.  Because the TV is so lightweight it is easy to access them all.

The dimensions of the TV with the stand are 40.26"W x 27.48"H x 8.99"D

The dimensions without the stand are 40.26"W x 25.91"H x 3.51"D

The weight of the net weight of the unit with the stand is 32.85 lbs.