fantasic LED

Jan 12, 2012

Pros:great picture, good price, full HD, extended menu options

Cons:has a power block

The Bottom Line: If you're in the market for a monitor this is a best buy, for sure.

This is probably the best LED you can buy for the price. It has it all for about $200 bucks. I use them at home and at work and there is no cons about this monitor without being nitpicky.

It has 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI. It does 1920x1080 full HD and is very thin and light wight. This LED comes with mounting points on the back and a relatively thin bezel. The stand is your typical stand that goes up and down but not side to side. The refresh rate is 60 Hz but for a 23 inch monitor it'll work for your general needs. I watched the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs on this LED and it looked great with no clipping and it didn't chug along. The power adapter is a small block and the power fits right into the back on the monitor. It plugs in the back in a manor that shouldn't get in the way of a mount but it might be hard to hide if you're a "no cables in sight" kind of person. It's engery star rated so it's considered a green device; which is good these days. All in all, you cannot go wrong with this Acer 23" LED.
Its slim stature gives you the room to put it in front of your PC on your desk or hang it on the wall. I have used two of these LED's at work and the thin bezel makes it almost feel like you are using one big monitor. If you need a cheap TV for a dorm room or a den I would go with this LED. All you you need is a way to push sound and you are good to go to watch TV. Since this monitor has a DVI port you can still get the digital signal and keep your cable box plugged in via HDMI. I buy a lot of different monitors for work and this is by far the best of the bunch.