Company Policies Dictate poor service

Jan 19, 2012

Pros:Can't say I see any since it never worked.

Cons:One of my worst customer service experiences.

The Bottom Line: If you have any problems you probably won't be happy with the outcome.

I purchased a M-10 valet router and had the following experience. The wrong router was in the box (new not refurb). Since it would not work as advertised I called support. The software said the unit had the wrong serial number, and the wrong model. The tech continued however to try to make it work. At this point I had no idea they had put the wrong unit in the box. After a few hours the tech said this would have to go to an engineer. Meanwhile most of the units functions did not work. I reinstalled my old router. I then discovered that it was the wrong hardware. I called again and was told I could send it back RMA and wait for a new unit, purchase another and they would do a credit card hold until they got the unit back. Or I could return it to the store. After about 5 hours of frustration I did not feel any love for these choices. They caused the problem, ie wrong product in the box, the service tech failed to believe what the software said was wrong. I did get appologies (canned), the case number was 120118-004972 if someone at cisco that cares reads this.