Panasonic Genius Microwave Oven/Convection Oven

Panasonic Genius Microwave Oven/Convection Oven

ratings (7 Epinions reviews)

The Genius Chef.

Mar 5, 2002

Pros:This microwave makes cooking as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Cons:You will need to learn the various feature operations. Cost.

The Bottom Line: This is certainly one of the most practical microwave i ever owned and it can be recommended without hesitation.

The Genius Chef.

Panasonic Genius Premier Microwave

My assistant cook in the kitchen, the Panasonic Genius Premier Microwave is definitely my favorite appliance.
These days it happens more often that my wife has to travel and I am left alone at home to fend for myself.

I can cook and also I want to add that I enjoy it. But there are times when I just do not want to go to the trouble of pulling out the big artillery, all I may want is a simple meal for lunch or breakfast and that is when I will use the microwave.

Item Description:

The Genius Premier model is one of the largest Panasonic manufactures. It measures 211/2 inches wide z 11 inches high x 16 inches deep. Besides being too big for our limited counter space, it is also very heavy, so I decided to put it on a cart.

The microwave is white and the controls are located on the front right end side of the unit being on a cart, I find it to be very practical, when I want to use it I simply wheel the cart close to the counter and start cooking.

At the bottom of the cart there is a storage space where I keep all the special plates and utensils that are need for microwave cooking.

The features:

Panasonic named this model The Genius Premier for a good reason. It offers the cook several feature that take away some of the guessing of cooking with a microwave.

Here are the selections you have:

Menu Action Screen: The Menu Action Screen is located at the top of the selection pads. When you select a type of cooking from the pads, on the screen will appear the procedures you need to follow to achieve the best results. When the Genius is not at work the screen doubles as a clock.

Immediately below the screen are the following 3 pads:

1) Popcorn Pad: Is on the left side, this selection will help make the best microwave popcorn there is. After pressing this selection the screen will ask you to input the weight of the popcorn to be cook. Simply follow the directives and press start.

2) Sensor Defrost Pad: Is located in the middle, with this selection you do not have to think and defrost meals a day in advance and risk spoilage. Once again all you have to do after you press the sensor defrost pad is follow the instructions. In the unit there is a temperature sensor that monitors the process. Half way through you will remember to turn over the food being defrosted.

3) Sensor Reheat Pad: This pad is located on the right side of the sensor defrost pad, I do enjoy leftovers. Especially chilies, salsas, soups and spaghetti sauces. I use this function quite often. Again the temperature monitor aids it, usually when there is about 10 seconds left a beep will sound, I then open the door, stir the food, then return it inside to complete the re-heating process.

After the first 3 pads comes a group called the Sensor Cooking. The sensor cooking selection there is 11 pads to select from plus a 1 to 0 selector.

Sensor Cooking Selection: The first 3 pads are named world gourmet. You will find the Italian, the Mexican and the Oriental pad selectors. I have tried all 3 and to my surprise they do work. If you follow the directives on the screen, the food will be prepared properly.

The next six pads are potato/vegetable, frozen/foods, seafood, rice/pasta, soup/sauce and poultry/meat. With these again if you follow the directives your food will come out tasty. Under the 1 to 0 selector there are to others. The weight pad to enter the weight of the food you are cooking and the start pad. Using the 1 to 0 selector allows you to enter weight and time plus any other information the screen asks you to input.

The last part of the sensor cooking selection is located at the bottom. It has six pads to choose from. The power level, timer/clock, function, stop/reset, more/plus and quick/min. pads. Again very easy to follow instructions will guide you in the process.

Final thought:

I really enjoy using this microwave, no guesswork or fumbling through recipe book and at the end to be disappointed. Most meal I have prepared, I would guess over 98% have been excellent.

Office Depot

Panasonic Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/built-in Microwave Oven With

PANASONIC 1.2 CU.FT. 1200W MICROWAVE WHT Panasonic Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology White In...

Panasonic Genius 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave Oven 2.2 Cu Ft Inverter Technology

Panasonic Genius 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave Oven 2.2 Cu Ft Inverter Technology

Description NEW IN RETAIL BOX! Panasonic Genius 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave w/Inverter Technology FREE SHIPPING!! I do not use PayPal, I use Propay, an...

Panasonic NN-SE982S Luxury Full-Size 2.2 cu. ft. Genius Prestige Countertop / Built-in Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, Stainless

Panasonic - Luxury Full-Size 2.2 cu. ft. Genius Prestige Countertop / Built-in Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, Stainless

Office Depot

PANASONIC 1.2 CU.FT. 1200W MICROWAVE BLK Panasonic Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology Black In...

Office Depot

Panasonic NN-SN651W Genius 1.2 cuft 1200 Watt Sensor Microwave w/Inverter Technology

1.2-cubic-foot microwave oven with Inverter technology for true, variable microwave power. (Available in black or white)Click here for a larger imageP...
Panasonic 2.2 Cu. Ft. 1250W Genius Sensor Countertop / Built-In Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology NN-SD972S

Panasonic NN-SD972S The Panasonic 2.2 Cu. Ft. 1250W Genius Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology is perfect for the countertop or built-in i...
Wayfair

Microwave Oven Panasonic 1.6 Cuft Genius Sensor 1250w W/inverter Stainless Steel

Panasonic Genius 1250-Watt Sensor Microwave with Inverter Technology, Stainless Steel Inverter Technology for even cooking and delivering delicious fl...