Panasonic Genius Microwave Oven/Convection Oven

Panasonic Genius Microwave Oven/Convection Oven

7 consumer reviews

The Genius Chef.

Mar 5, 2002

Pros:This microwave makes cooking as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Cons:You will need to learn the various feature operations. Cost.

The Bottom Line: This is certainly one of the most practical microwave i ever owned and it can be recommended without hesitation.

The Genius Chef.

Panasonic Genius Premier Microwave

My assistant cook in the kitchen, the Panasonic Genius Premier Microwave is definitely my favorite appliance.
These days it happens more often that my wife has to travel and I am left alone at home to fend for myself.

I can cook and also I want to add that I enjoy it. But there are times when I just do not want to go to the trouble of pulling out the big artillery, all I may want is a simple meal for lunch or breakfast and that is when I will use the microwave.

Item Description:

The Genius Premier model is one of the largest Panasonic manufactures. It measures 211/2 inches wide z 11 inches high x 16 inches deep. Besides being too big for our limited counter space, it is also very heavy, so I decided to put it on a cart.

The microwave is white and the controls are located on the front right end side of the unit being on a cart, I find it to be very practical, when I want to use it I simply wheel the cart close to the counter and start cooking.

At the bottom of the cart there is a storage space where I keep all the special plates and utensils that are need for microwave cooking.

The features:

Panasonic named this model The Genius Premier for a good reason. It offers the cook several feature that take away some of the guessing of cooking with a microwave.

Here are the selections you have:

Menu Action Screen: The Menu Action Screen is located at the top of the selection pads. When you select a type of cooking from the pads, on the screen will appear the procedures you need to follow to achieve the best results. When the Genius is not at work the screen doubles as a clock.

Immediately below the screen are the following 3 pads:

1) Popcorn Pad: Is on the left side, this selection will help make the best microwave popcorn there is. After pressing this selection the screen will ask you to input the weight of the popcorn to be cook. Simply follow the directives and press start.

2) Sensor Defrost Pad: Is located in the middle, with this selection you do not have to think and defrost meals a day in advance and risk spoilage. Once again all you have to do after you press the sensor defrost pad is follow the instructions. In the unit there is a temperature sensor that monitors the process. Half way through you will remember to turn over the food being defrosted.

3) Sensor Reheat Pad: This pad is located on the right side of the sensor defrost pad, I do enjoy leftovers. Especially chilies, salsas, soups and spaghetti sauces. I use this function quite often. Again the temperature monitor aids it, usually when there is about 10 seconds left a beep will sound, I then open the door, stir the food, then return it inside to complete the re-heating process.

After the first 3 pads comes a group called the Sensor Cooking. The sensor cooking selection there is 11 pads to select from plus a 1 to 0 selector.

Sensor Cooking Selection: The first 3 pads are named world gourmet. You will find the Italian, the Mexican and the Oriental pad selectors. I have tried all 3 and to my surprise they do work. If you follow the directives on the screen, the food will be prepared properly.

The next six pads are potato/vegetable, frozen/foods, seafood, rice/pasta, soup/sauce and poultry/meat. With these again if you follow the directives your food will come out tasty. Under the 1 to 0 selector there are to others. The weight pad to enter the weight of the food you are cooking and the start pad. Using the 1 to 0 selector allows you to enter weight and time plus any other information the screen asks you to input.

The last part of the sensor cooking selection is located at the bottom. It has six pads to choose from. The power level, timer/clock, function, stop/reset, more/plus and quick/min. pads. Again very easy to follow instructions will guide you in the process.

Final thought:

I really enjoy using this microwave, no guesswork or fumbling through recipe book and at the end to be disappointed. Most meal I have prepared, I would guess over 98% have been excellent.

Office Depot

Panasonic Genius Prestige Full-Size 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1250W Microwave Oven

Panasonic Genius Prestige Full-Size 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1250W Microwave Oven

Find microwave ovens at Target.com! Panasonics genius prestige 1.6 cu. Ft. 1250w microwave is designed for countertop or built-in use. It features inv...

Panasonic Genius Prestige 1.2 Cu. Ft. Sensor Microwave Oven Nn-sd681s

Panasonic Genius Prestige 1.2 Cu. Ft. Sensor Microwave Oven Nn-sd681s

New Panasonic NN-SD681S Stainless-Steel 1.2-Cubic-Foot 1200-Watt Inverter Microwave Oven The Genius Prestige Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven With i...
Panasonic - Full-Size 1.6 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven

Panasonic - Full-Size 1.6 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven

1250 watts high power inverter technology inverter turbo defrost one-touch sensor cook and reheat keep warm feature
Panasonic
Panasonic Nn-sd681s Genius Prestige 1200w Stainless Steel Microwave Oven

Panasonic Nn-sd681s Genius Prestige 1200w Stainless Steel Microwave Oven

Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius PRESTIGE 1200w Stainless Steel Microwave Oven This item is NEW in an Open Box, HOWEVER it is dented on the side and on the ...

Panasonic Genius Prestige Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. 1200W Microwave Oven

Panasonic Genius Prestige Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. 1200W Microwave Oven

Find microwave ovens at Target.com! Panasonics genius prestige family size 1.2 cu. Ft. 1200w microwave is designed for countertop or built-in use. The...

Office Depot

Panasonic Genius Prestige 1.5 Cuft 1100w Sensor Convection Microwave Nn-cd989s

Panasonic Genius Prestige 1.5 Cuft 1100w Sensor Convection Microwave Nn-cd989s

Panasonic NN-CD989S Genius Prestige 1.5 cuft 1100-Watt Sensor Convection Microwave with Inverter Technology, Full Stainless Steel PLEASE NOTE: THIS IT...

Panasonic - Family Size 1.2 Cu. Ft. Genius Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology

1200 watt high power inverter technology inverter turbo defrost menu action screen (multi-lingual) one-touch sensor cook and reheat
Panasonic
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651B

Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651B

Capacity 1.2 Cu. Ft. Cooking Technology Inverter Door Colors Black Features 1200 Watts Cooking Power. Flat Panel (membrane). Black Door. One-Touch Sen...
Newegg.com