A fresh take on the common mouse

Feb 26, 2012

Pros:-elegant, smooth design
-fun to use
- Multitouch Gestures

Cons:-Has a relatively slow tracking speed
-Learning Curve
-NOT good for gaming

The Bottom Line: The Magic mouse should be used by anyone who owns a Mac Desktop.

Apple has always been about bringing the best user experience possible to the table with any product that they put out.  Needless to say, they've succeeded again with their new release of the Magic Mouse, sweeping away all other competitors for top regular use mouse on the market.  But what defines this mouse from any of the others in today's market?  Well, let's start with the obvious; the Magic Mouse's surface is made from one piece of curved glass.  Not only is this a highly attractive asset to this product but it's also remarkably smooth for your fingers to glide over, regardless if you have dirt, dust, or even Cheetos crumbs on your fingers.

But why is all this necessary?  What's so great about the glass being smooth? Well, that question has a simple answer: Functionality.  The big seller on the Apple Magic mouse is the Multi-touch glass surface.  That's right, the mouse has programmed gestures that work in anything from zooming to scrolling.  These gestures cut down many seconds from mundane tasks that we do everyday while using our computers.  For example, in your web browser, the best command i've come across is being able to navigate between pages simply by swiping two fingers across the glass surface.  If you ask me, this is a remarkable feature, simply because I'm so clutzy when it comes to which links to click on a webpage.  now, if I make that mistake again, I can correct it so quickly that it has become a reflex.

I'd highly recommend this attractive piece of hardware for anyone who owns a mac.