Good Machine, Poor Engineering and Customer Suport

Mar 1, 2012

Pros:Easy to use, simple controls, a cycle for every need. VERY quiet. Spins smoothly.

Cons:Poor Customer Service experience (Haier). VERY dim display (Time Remaining/Cycle).

The Bottom Line: I tried the 1 cu ft. Didn't like it. Very happy that I bought this larger machine. Does everything VERY well. Quiet. Spins smoothly. A must have!

I've owned this machine for two weeks and it works VERY well. I'm an apartment dweller, and it's saving me at least $8/week. It will easily hold two pairs of jeans along with 4-6 t-shirts!  The lint filter keeps my dark clothes lint free.  I attend a gym and go thru a lot of workout clothes. Nice that I can wash them at my leisure! At 65 lbs, it's not easy, but I can carry it from room to room, or move it around for storage.  It's very quiet and also steady when it spins. The only problem is with the "Time Remaining/Cycle" display, and Customer Support.  The display is so incredibly dim that you must turn the room lights off and then shade the display with your hands to see it. I called Customer Support and was told that it wasn't covered under warranty since it was a 'cosmetic issue'. I called again and they finally agreed to send out a repairman. The problem is with the design. The lens over this display is very dark, but when the repairman took the washer apart, the display without the lens covering it is very bright. Poor engineering. The two Customer Service reps that I spoke with were RUDE.  But, the repairman, from a local company, was sent the very next day and was kind and understanding. But, he couldn't find any information on the machine on his laptop, or his troubleshooting/repair websites (not his fault).  Makes me wonder since the machine has such poor support thru Haier and the repair info available to the repair personnel. I bought mine at Walmart and also bought the 3 year warranty, which I would recommend regardless of place of purchase.