Easy on the eyes -Dell P2412H

Mar 8, 2012

Pros:Big, Efficient, Well-Built, stylish, and crystal clear

Cons:A little bit on the pricey side

The Bottom Line:

This elegant display is well built and very efficient. It works great by itself or as a double monitor. It is a bit on the pricey side though.

I decided that my older Dell 21" monitor was a bit to small for my needs, so I decided to go shopping for a new monitor! I did my research on several brands and models and I settled on the Dell P2412H.

The reason I settled on this dell monitor wasn’t the price it was the customer support. Dell is known for it's quick, easy, and practical customer support; they have helped me out a few times with pervious dell products. I read some articles on how some of these newer LED backlit screens are prone to failing. After reading about this high failure rate dell became the clear option

Quality

I have had the monitor for some time now and i have no dead pixels or lines yet. The display is non-glossy and is always cool to the touch. The colors are vivid and the refresh rate is great. The display easily moves in every direction needed.

I originally wanted a glossy screen, but after using this display for the first few days I was amazed with the contrast on it. I can use this screen for 6 hours at a time without my eyes hurting.

Size
This monitor easily dwarves my older 21" monitor. The dimensions are perfect in my opinions, not to wide and not to tall; Dell really did a good job on the ratio. I find that I sometimes partition my screen into 4 different spaces and i still find room for my widgets and other tools.

I recommend this monitor to anyone who has sensitive eyes or is in the market for a 24" monitor.