Lint Lizard - Dryer Lint Remover

ratings (1 Epinions review)

The Lint Lizard Works Like a Magic Wand!

Mar 13, 2012 (Updated Mar 13, 2012)

Pros:Fits any vacuum
Easy to assemble
Great suction power
Inexpensive

Cons:It takes a while to get the hose uncurled from packaging.

The Bottom Line: To prevent a fire or having your dryer motor burn up from trapped lint, I highly recommend the Lint Lizard.

I’m a sucker for “Seen On TV” products!  I usually purchase these products at Bath, Bath, & Beyond due to their return policy if I am not satisfied.  The products cost a little more, for the TV advertisements usually offer “two for the price of one.”  After paying shipping, I believe the cost is a wash.  The product I will review is the Lint Lizard.

Description:

The Lint Lizard is a vacuum attachment that is secured to the end of your vacuum hose to clean out the lint from deep down in your dryer.

This attachment works like a magic wand that cleans out lint from the dryer trap in no time flat.  Of course, how well it removes lint, depends on the suction power of your vacuum.

The Lint Lizard fits on most any vacuum.  There are only three pieces to the Lint Zizard:  the hose, a vacuum adapter, and the Lint Lizard itself.  The vacuum adapter and Lint Lizard are green in color and the hose is clear.

The Lint Lizard fits into the adapter.  The adapter is then securely attached to your vacuum hose.  The clear hose attaches to the end of the Lint Lizard.  The hose measures 30” in length and the entire product with both the adapter and Lint Lizard attached measures 43” in length.

It reaches deep into the dryer lint trap and sucks up packed in dirt like magic!  It removes years of lint build up which can burn out your dryer motor or even possibly cause a fire.

There is a control ring on the Lint Lizard which can be adjusted from the least to the most powerful suction.  I really don’t know why anyone would even want the least amount of suction when cleaning the dryer vent.

My Experience:

It was easy to connect the three pieces to my Oreck pull along portable vacuum (you know, the one that you see advertised on TV picking up a bowling ball).  The only problem I had was uncurling the clear hose from being packed tightly in the box in which it was packed.

It was difficult inserting the hose deep into my dryer vent because it was curled so tightly.  The directions state to keep the vacuum hose and Lint Lizard in a vertical position.  This was impossible due to the curl in the hose.  After working out the curl, it worked like magic.  The lint was sucked up so quickly, I didn’t even see the lint rushing through the clear hose.

I’ve noticed since deep cleaning my lint trap,  my clothing becomes dry faster, so my dryer isn’t working as hard.

My Take:

Although I didn’t have high hopes for yet another “Seen on TV” product, I am glad I purchased the Lint Lizard.  The lint trap in my dryer has never been so clean, except for when it was brand new!

Storage:

It is advised not to remove the clear hose once it is attached unless there is a blockage.  The product should be stored in a cool, dry place.

Warnings:  (According to Directions)

Keep out of reach of children and pets.

Use caution when using hot water to clean parts or remove kinks from clear hose.

Use only as instructed.

Cost:

I paid $10.99 for the Lint Lizard at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

This product is made in China.

Thank you for reading my review.