Easily the best IEMs under $100

Mar 17, 2012

Pros:-Excellent audio quality
-Comfortable and compact
-Value far exceeds price

Cons:-Thin, microphonic cord

The Bottom Line: These are fantastic IEMs, especially for the price. If a flimsy cord doesn't bother you, these are perfect for almost any user!

I've always had an obsession with quality headphones. I spend hours researching each purchase, making sure that my next pair of phones will provide exactly what I want. I listen to music almost constantly in my free time, so my headphones need to be durable, comfortable, and of high quality. I have a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 600 headphones, but I decided it was time to invest in a nice pair of IEMs to take on the road. I stumbled upon the MC5s and decided to give them a shot. I also tested Monster Turbines, Klipsch Image s4is, and Shure 2e215s. The MC5s blew them out of the water! These headphones have incredible clarity - defined lows and bright highs. The noise cancellation is fantastic - with music playing, I can hear almost no external noise. The included tips are all comfortable and durable. My only complaint would be the cord - it's quite thin and flimsy. A small carrying pouch is included, so this isn't a huge issue, but the cord itself is very microphonic. Even a light touch resonates through the whole cord. The tip of the cord is also quite cumbersome - rather than a straight tip, the cord ends in an awkward 120 degree angle. This can make it difficult to plug the headphones in to certain devices. Aside from these issues, these are very well-made headphones. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anybody looking for some high-quality in-ear headphones.