Love at first sweep!

May 2, 2012

Pros:Powerful, efficient Telescoping wand, attachments Great for allergy sufferers Bagless, no replacing filters

Cons:Pricier than traditional brands Hose on wand tough to keep extended

The Bottom Line: The Dyson DC33 will prolong the life of your carpet and improve your health by removing dirt, dust, and other allergens. It's an investment that will pay off!

After plunking down my money for two cheaper, more inefficient vacuums in less than 10 years and suffering a major allergy attack for 6 weeks, I decided to suck it up (no pun intended!) and invest in the Dyson DC33. True to the claim, it really never loses suction. I couldn't believe how much dirt and dust filled the canister after the first use- I was both disgusted and giddy at the same time! Every time I use it, my carpet looks and feels fresher and newer. It easily switches to hardwood. My whole family's allergies have dramatically improved. I used to dread wrestling with my old vacuum and now I actually enjoy whipping out my Dyson. It's easy to take out and clean the filters, and I love that I don't have to buy replacements. The telescoping wand enables me to remove cobwebs and dust from the corners of my high ceilings, as well as vacuum my furniture. The only downside is that the "spring action" to the wand is pretty tight, so I have to really stretch it to keep it extended. Over all, though, that's hardly a big issue for me. I can guarantee that if I ever manage to wear this vacuum out, it will absolutely be replaced with another Dyson.