Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans

ratings (6515 Epinions reviews)

Quicken Loans Refinance HARP 2.0

May 8, 2012 (Updated May 8, 2012)
Rated a Flagged Review

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:
  • Web Site Load Time:

Pros:Rapid process
No closing cost
Good APR
Saved over $500 a month

Cons:APR wasn't as low as local advertised rates, but that could be because it's HARP.

The Bottom Line: I was very happy with Quicken Loans and I would use them again.

My husband and I were interested in refinancing our 30 year mortgage, but were underwater in our mortgage.  We waited until HARP 2.0 was operational and contacted our current mortgage servicer, Seterus.  Seterus was working with Quicken Loans and put me in touch with one of their bankers.

The process was very easy and rapid.  I was actually unprepared for the call since I didn't think that I'd actually have a chance to talk to a real person so quickly, so I didn't have my figures ready.  The banker didn't mind, he let me know that he could verify the numbers.  I did look up everything once I got off the call to let him know the proper figures, just so I didn't seem like such a lunatic.

Once he ran the initial numbers, he gave us a provisional approval subject to the usual underwriting.  We signed and faxed in paperwork and waited for underwriting.

The APR was good and we didn't have to bring money to closing, which is what we were looking for.  Also, another bonus was that they sent a notary public to our house at a convenient time to close the loan.  We didn't need to drive an hour out of our way like the first time.

We refinanced to a 29 year mortgage.

All in all, it was a great experience.  I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether I had a positive or negative experience.