Great Sound, Not very durable

Jul 25, 2012

Pros:Great sound.
Very lightweight.
Blocks outside noises well.

Cons:Not very durable.
Somewhat expensive.

The Bottom Line: The bottom line is these are great headphones (most SkullCandy's are).  I honestly would buy them all over again, only this time I'd be more careful.

I bought the Skull Candy Aviator Headphones for my boyfriend for his birthday a few months ago.  (I bought them directly from SkullCandy, but you can get them from Amazon for about $50 less). He wanted "stylish" headphones that had iPhone compatible controls and Skull Candy is a brand known for both. The quality of sound was great and they shut out most outside noises.  He and I have very different tastes in music.  No matter what was playing I found the music sounded very clear.  One problem I’ve always had with headphones like this is the weight.  They are just so heavy and tight that after a while I get a headache.  That was not the case with these. They were very light-weight and flexible and they fit both of our heads perfectly.  But that brings me to my only problem with them. For $179 you would expect the product to be more durable.  Other reviews have stated that they are for skating and whatnot, but in my case they couldn’t even withstand a bookbag.  After only a month they broke when being stuffed in a bookbag. For that amount of money you expect them to last much longer.  I highly recommend them if you’re looking for quality of music, but if durability is what you’re after you might want to find a different SkullCandy product.