UN50EH6000 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

Aug 7, 2012

Pros:it make feel home

Cons:please try to ship it to some african country

The Bottom Line: they should try to improve

I expect TV will be just what I want. However my previous Samsung HL-T5087S developed acne after five years of otherwise good service. By acne I mean white spots on screen caused by metal fatigue mirror failures in the Digital Light Processor (DLP). Takes 3 to 5 years to start, then blooms. This is well known now and the DLPs are no longer in use in consumer TVs I believe. Repair is estimated at 400 dollars and up. Part is like $165. Replacement and realignment is said to be critical and not easy for DIY.

Well, I haven't received this new one yet. It was ordered 8 days ago. I found the shipment sitting locally waiting for delivery instructions. They want to be sure you are home. Shipper said they had either called or emailed me to contact them. I received no email as I was watching carefully in-box and spam-box. Finally I phoned them using number I found on Amazon site. Now it is scheduled for tomorrow. Original ETA was yesterday. Shipper is CEVA. Not much I can do about it, there is no place to post feedback on the shipper. Old TV was dismantled and removed two days ago. Watching Olympics on postage stamp screen.,

Finally, their tracking information is totally useless as no locations are provided after the first. All you can see is that it is moving from somewhere to somewhere. And their ETA turned out wrong although TV had arrived was held locally from that date.

I've been spoiled by Amazon. But the shipping charge was FREE so how can I complain?

UPDATE:

TV arrived three days late. Lucky I called CEVA morning of third day. They said they had emailed request to arrange delivery time but I never saw it, and I was watching for it.

Two men delivered TV, unpacked, plugged in, lifted into my enclosure and helped a bit with my connection. HDMI's are at a bad angle/location and I couldn't line up for insertion.

All they really want to see is if picture is there and get signature for receipt.

I went through all the menus on the set. They are pretty well arranged and easy to adjust. There are many, many picture and sound choices but I eventually got it suitable for a start. Picture is gorgeous. Sound is clear. Thin bezel saves lots of space. It has a small hidden joy stick under the bottom bezel. I wonder how may people never notice and hence never use it.

Manual is horrible. Samsung should be ashamed. Very small dense type, double sided small pages and folded like a road map, three of them! Very exasperating for me to read and navigate. I had downloaded one manual and studied before it came so I was partly prepared. Tried to print larger with no size improvement but at least I printed and stapled into proper book form.

All in all, well suited to my needs. I use two HdMI and one composite video from security camera. Ability to update firmware from thumb drive is handy.